29 ▹ butterfly

THE AFTERMATH

"WHAT could've caused this?" was the biggest question of all and that's all that everyone could ask

In the lobby, all of Bianca's closest friends were there — including myself, of course. It was me, Trev, Johnny, and Candice. I spent most of the time pacing the room and on the phone with Bianca's father and step-mother, who were asking me over a hundred and fifty questions — while I didn't know the answer to even one of them.

The doctors were keeping quiet and not saying anything to us, but we were becoming very agitated and were demanding answers. Candice kept crying, while Johnny comforted her, as she blamed herself for it — but it wasn't her at all. Then, there was Trevor, who would occasionally run out to the car and cry it out there. I know this because, every time he returned, his eyes were bloodshot and he was sniffling.

I was just... there. I couldn't comfort anyone and I definitely couldn't comfort myself in this time. I went through all our old text messages and even all out photos together. We had really grew-up with each other and traveled everywhere together.

Now, she is laying in a hospital room with doctors and nurses surrounding here, and trying to figure out where the hell it all went wrong at

Now, she is laying in a hospital room with doctors and nurses surrounding here, and trying to figure out where the hell it all went wrong at. I noticed how she always looked down and like she had lost a lot of sleep. Yet, I didn't know it had gotten this bad for her.

"Excuse me," I suddenly heard somebody say and, looking up, I noticed that it was Bianca's main doctor, so I jumped up and approached him. "Are you the people that came in with Bianca Masterson?"

"We are," I told him in one breath as Trevor, Candice, and Johnny stood behind me.

"Has her parents made it here yet?" he asked and I shook my head. "I'm sorry, but I won't be able to say anything unless her parents are—"

"She's my sister," I suddenly blurted out and the doctor stared back at me. I could also feel everyone else's eyes on me. "She's my sister and we all deserve to know what happened to her right this very minute."