39 ▹ endlessly

6 Weeks Later. . .

Tonight, we were partying at mine and Tommaso's place. We invited all our friends over to welcome us in together, as to say.

Everyone was here, just about. Johnny, Candice, Trevor, and many more. The only face that was missing was Bianca, but I understood why she didn't come, even though, Tommaso sort of made me invite her.

As soon as I seen Trevor come in, I practically ran up to him, grabbed his arm, and yanked him away from everyone. "Hey, have you talked to B yet?"

It took Trevor a moment to see that it was just me and, then, he shook his head and answered: "No, I haven't. I decided not to, at the last minute. I'll give her and myself some more time apart before I speak to her again."

I'm not going to lie when I say that it was the best decision that Trevor could make at the moment. So, I nodded and sighed, "It's for the best, Trev. Give her another month or two, then maybe she won't be bitter and you won't be so heartbroken."

He slowly nodded, seemingly understanding, before he simply said: "Yeah, you're right, Nik. I will just deal with my feelings." Then, he dipped his head, after looking down into his red cup, and walked away. I felt bad for him.

I spun around on my heel and spotted, out of the corner of my eye, Candice at the bar, but looking passed all the alcohol. I made my way towards her and asked, "Can't find anything you like?"

She smirked and shook her head. "Oh, um," she breathed out of surprise. "Not really."

I glanced down at the alcohol, reached down, and handed her the only bottle of Malibu. "Here's one of your favorites," I said and smiled. "Want me to grab you a cup?"

"No, Nik, wait—"

I stopped, slowly turned around and faced her with my eyebrows together, and questioned: "What is it? I'm just getting you a cup for your drink."

"I'm not drinking, though," Candice stated, seemingly nervous. "Not that, at least. I-I'm gonna find something else..."

"Like what?" I quizzed, shrugging. "You always get Malibu, so..."

"I-I can't tonight because—"

"Well, the only reason why you wouldn't drink is because you're—"

"I'm pregnant," she suddenly said and, for whatever reason, my instant reaction was to laugh. I legitimately believed that she was joking, so I began to laugh and shake my head out of denial. "What?"

"I was just joking, girl," I laughed and playfully hit her shoulder. "Don't be so serious!"

"Nicole," came her warning tone and I looked dead at her before she took me by the arm and rushed me outside, so that I would be able to hear her loud and clear.

Once outside, she grabbed my hands with hers and our eyes met in the middle. "Nik, I didn't want you to find out like this, but... There's no sense of lying to you about it or beating around the bush. Johnny and I are pregnant, though. I am pregnant, not him. But, we're pregnant. I'm seven weeks today. It's too early, but I already told Regal that I can no longer complete. Johnny and I have always wanted this and just now finally happening."