22 ▹ feelings

THE NEXT DAY

"NIK, I am so sorry," Candice tried to soothe me, rubbing my hands in support. I had just confided in her about Pete nearly breaking off our engagement and, then... Tommaso. It always seem to come down to him. "Maybe, when Pete returns, he'll feel better."

"It's not even about Pete," I cried, using my hand to wipe the incoming tears away. My hands were shaking from how I was crying more than I was eating and drinking anything. "Tommaso and I were finally good and, then... I'm so stupid. Stupid!"

"No, you aren't," Candice said to me and brought my hands down to join hers once more. "Honey, I understand. You just wanted a friend and, then... Pete won't even let you have that."

Candice understood, but didn't at the same time. Honestly, if Johnny wasn't married to Candice, was single and texted me, Johnny and I wouldn't be friends anymore, either. Maybe it is because, every time that he ever cheated on me, I made him disconnect himself from every female in his phone, too.

The day he would make me stop being friends with Johnny and Candice is the day that Pete and I would break-up permanently.

"I... I don't want to see Tommaso anymore, though," I confessed, even if it wasn't the complete truth. "It would just... It would just hurt way too much. It's best that he and I just stay as strangers."

THREE WEEKS LATER

THREE WEEKS LATER

"WHAT is Victoria Valentine going to do now after that intense and bloody ladder match at TakeOver?" Kayla Braxton asked, now bringing the microphone to my lips.

I smirked and replied: "You know what, Kayla? Victoria Valentine did not come here to lose her opportunity. I am here to burn down every single bridge that I have to walk over and I am here to put down every single competitor that gets in my way. Tommaso might of walked out as the winner, succeeding in holding his title, but this war isn't even close to being over. When he threw me off that ladder and I fell threw that table, it hurt — but not as much as it's gonna hurt when I put him through several tables and take his title away from him."

With that said, I spun on my heel and stormed away, out of the view of the camera and interview section. I heard Kayla say to the camera, when I walked away: "Thank you, Victoria. Back to you guys at commentary."

Heading towards my locker room, I felt somebody's eyes on me and I looked up, seeing Tommaso heavily staring at me from his position at heading into his locker room. We hadn't spoken to one another in over three weeks, ever since Pete restricted me from having any further contact with him. If we ever do speak, it's to each other in the ring and when we are in strict character.