24 ▹ mending

HE had been blowing up my phone since it all went down yesterday

HE had been blowing up my phone since it all went down yesterday. I could've blocked his number, so that he wouldn't contact me anymore, but I didn't at the same time.

Maybe I was waiting on Pete to make up the best excuse yet, where it would mean that I would crawl back to him. Yesterday, when Johnny and Candice was driving me to their house, Candice stayed in the backseat with me and tried her best to soothe me. I heard Johnny say to her, while I was in a daze, that: "What are we gonna do, Candice? Nik isn't going to be the same after this. I mean, just look at her. She would be completely nuts to go back to him."

I was not going to go back to Pete, but, after all the other times that he cheated on me, I usually would. Not this time. Not after Bianca. Nobody could get in contact with Trevor, either, apparently — but all Johnny and Candice knew was that he was safely locked inside his apartment.

I never expected this to hit Trevor so hard, considering what I knew about how he apparently felt about me. Yet, let's be honest, he could've started to fall in love with her. It wouldn't completely shock me, but I would definitely need to talk to Trev about this after we've both had time to heal.

I was currently locked inside their guest bedroom, just watching as Pete's messages kept coming through. Nicole... Nicole, talk to me. I can see you reading my messages. Reply to me!

I heard a small knock on the door and, then, Candice squeaking out: "Nik? You okay in there?" I decided not to say anything, just softly knock back, so that she knew that I was still alive and breathing. "Okay, well... Johnny and I were thinking that we go get Chinese for all of us. I know what you like."

"T-Thank you," I sniffled out, actually managing to talk. "Don't forget my Sweet & Sour Sauce, please."

"Of course," she practically whispered back. "Oh, um... Nik, you have a special guest here."

"I don't care," I breathed out, shaking my head. "I'm not up to see another. You know that."

"I know," she instantly agreed, remembering what I have been saying since it all went down last night. "But, um, Nik? It's Tommaso."

Before I knew it, I jumped up, unlocked the door, and flew out all in one swift motion. I ran past Candice, froze for a moment, and seen Tommaso standing next to Johnny in the kitchen-living room area.

I took off and collided into him, squeezing my arms around his body while he just stood there. "Oh, my gosh, Tommaso... Pete cheated on me! Can you believe that?"

Slowly, but surly, he placed his arms around me and we embraced. We were one for once. I couldn't even believe it. "I know, Nicole, and I'm so sorry," he whispered in my hair as I closed my eyes and held onto him for dear life, like he was my anchor.

"We'll be right back," Candice silently said as she and Johnny slipped out of the door, closing it behind them.

As soon as they were gone, I only took one extra moment to hold onto him. Then, I slowly began to let go of him, but held onto his shirt, though, to keep us close. I looked up at him with tear-filled eyes and said, "He broke my heart, Tommaso. I never did anything like that to him and, then, he... How could he?"