30 ▹ blue

Her salty eyes told me stories,
that made my heart weep.
I wanted to wrap her in a blanket,
and tell her she was safe forever
and so I did.
— ATTICUS —

EVERY day for the next week, we all tried to go up there and talk to Bianca

EVERY day for the next week, we all tried to go up there and talk to Bianca. Sometimes in a group and, other times, individual. However, she wasn't improving, even with the help of medication. If anything, she was worse and more bitter than ever before.

Dr. Reynolds has reassured us that she will get better after another week of the medicine in her system. Everyday, Trevor has went up there to spend some time with her, but they don't talk, he says. They just sit there and watch TV together.

Trevor will report back to me, Candice, and Johnny that the medicine has made her more spaced out, like she's a zombie. Most of the time, she doesn't even realize that he's there. It's sad, but there's nothing that we can do to help her. She's gotta help herself first.

Today, I was on laundry duty while Candice and Johnny were out looking for a new comfort set. They're always trying to get away from me these days. I'm pretty sure that they want me to move out, but they're too nice to say it straight to my face.

If Bianca continues to be gone, I will have to move back into our apartment. Plus, even if I don't want to, I may be the one who ends up taking care of her when she returns home. If not, she may want to do it all by herself.

It was a little past seven o'clock on this lonely Saturday night and I was stuck on laundry, which I had been avoiding to fold these clothes all week. Underneath my thigh, I felt my phone vibrate and, so, I yanked it out and seen what it was about. It was Candice, who texted me.

As much as I would like to interrupt their dinner, not even I could be that cruel

As much as I would like to interrupt their dinner, not even I could be that cruel. They always felt the need to invite me, but, since they're married, they need to spend their time alone.

I was okay with being alone, I think.

While taking out Johnny's shirt, another fell out with it. I quickly folded Johnny's red signature shirt, placed it to the side, and grabbed the one I dropped from the ground.