38 ▹ future

When we returned home to Florida from Michigan, it felt like nothing had changed at all, unfortunately. Even though we — Tommaso, Johnny, Candice, and myself — returned home, Bianca remained back home in Michigan. Lincoln told me that he's going to come back with her, but she's only staying an extra three days.

However, as another day went by, Tommaso ran off to the gym in the afternoon while Johnny and Candice said something about how they wanted to stay in bed all day. Whatever.

Nevertheless, as I was between washing dishes and washing and folding clothes, I suddenly felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket and, so, I pulled it out and saw that I had a new text message from Trevor — out of all people.

That's weird, I thought to myself after I had already placed my phone back in my pocket. Why could he want to talk about face-to-face?

A million things were going through my mind while I waited on Trevor to knock on my door and come inside to talk

A million things were going through my mind while I waited on Trevor to knock on my door and come inside to talk. He must of didn't know that we came back yesterday, or wanted to give me some time before he ambushed me.

Two small knocks on the door tore me away from the clothes that I was trying to fold by the couch. Nevertheless, I picked the scattered ones up and tossed them in the basket before taking the basket and sitting it off to the side while I get up and go check the door.

Before answering, I stood up straight, took a deep breath, and dusted myself off. I reached out and turned the knob, peeking out to see Trevor standing there. He didn't look happy to see me or pissed. Honestly, his facial expression was flat and plain.

I opened the door further and allowed him more room to walk in through. "Come on in," I said to him and he dipped inside, so I closed and locked the door behind us. I looked over my shoulder, before turning around altogether, and saw Trevor already standing in the middle of my living room.

I gingerly walked towards him and uneasily asked, "What's going on?"

He glanced at me with a huff, and shook his head. "I just... Bianca, she..." Everything he was starting to say was already not making any sense to me, because it was all cut up into small pieces. "I love her, Nik, and I really want her back. I've been thinking about it and that's what I want to do. I want to forgive her and forget about what she ever did to me. I just wanted to tell you that, so you won't be mad at me later. I don't think she's ready to be loved again, but I'm going to tell her."