The fan

Two hours later and Jimin could finally see the end of the line of fans. He sighed with relief, wriggling back on his seat as he held up heart fingers to the fan who was leaving his area. The last fan knelt down in front of the table and stared into Jimin's eyes. She was clearly an international fan, with big almond shaped green eyes in a heart shaped face, olive skin and long thick dark hair held back by a multi coloured scarf with bells on the end.

'Please let her speak Korean' he prayed silently. His English wasn't the best and he always felt embarrassed and awkward whenever he had to talk to one of the i-lovelies (the international fanbase).

Jimin waited for the girl to speak, which was generally how these encounters normally worked, but she didn't say anything, just stared at him.

Maybe she was nervous, he thought smiling encouragingly

"Annyeong" he said tentatively, holding out his hand for the girl to take. She reached out and took the offered hand. Suddenly her face softened and her eyes filled with tears. She looked at their joined hands and then back at Jimin's face. She sighed sadly and responded in Korean "So much pain Jimin-ssi."

Jimin frowned, what the hell? He wasn't in pain, I mean he was a little achy from the dance but he felt quite good considering the number of hours he had to practice to get the choreography right. Wait - was she in pain? Was she asking for help?

Jimin was confused, and glanced at his manager to see what they thought that he should do. The manager leaned forward, meeting Jimin's eyes, and shrugged silently indicating that he was just as confused as the idol. He raised an eyebrow at the pink haired boy, silently asking whether the fan needed to be moved on. Jimin hesitated, he wasn't sure what the girls deal was, and she was definitely a little bit creepy, but he didn't think she was dangerous. He shook his head, and the manager leaned back again.

The girl watched the silent exchange, with a small smirk on her face, looking like she already knew the outcome.

"Don't worry fairy-boy, it will get better." She said gently, stroking the palm of his hand lightly with her fingertip and still staring into his eyes. He desperately wanted to pull his hand back, this was weird and he was definitely not comfortable with what the girl was doing. But her movements were strangely soothing, almost hypnotic and he couldn't get his brain to move his arm.

She placed something in the palm of his hand and curled his fingers around it, wrapping both her hands around his closed fist "This will help Jimin-ssi, I promise, but you need to take care of it. You need to remember that once a thing is broken it will always be broken, the cracks will always be there no matter how much you try to cover them up."

She looked at him intensely for a moment more, before nodding. Raising her fingers to her lips she sent him a graceful flying kiss, before turning and leaving the line without bothering to talk to any of the other members.

Jimin stared after her for a moment, listening to the bells on her scarf ringing with each step, as she walked past the crowd of fans. When he couldn't hear the bells any more, he shook his his head slightly and opened his hand. Inside he found a tiny totem, a painted china doll that was about 3 inches long. His eyes widened as he realised that the doll looked exactly like him. The clothes he was currently wearing, red jeans and a striped green shirt, were painted in the tiniest detail on the body of the little statue. Even the little strands of hair that floated across his forehead at that moment were in the exact same place on the doll. Honestly he was a little freaked out at the level of detail. He couldn't figure out how the girl could have known what he was going to wear, or even what colour his hair would be since he only dyed it pink yesterday. But he had to admit, the little figurine was beautiful. 

His lips curved up in a tiny smile, as he closed his fist around the totem, hiding the gift from his manager who was impatiently waiting for Jimin to pack up and move out of the signing area.

He looked beside him and found that the other band members had already left the hall. He stood up, waving at the last of the fans who were floating in the area trying to catch a last moment with the band, and followed his manager through the double doors into the staging room. Grabbing his bag, he slipped the fan's present into the inside packet before pulling out his street clothes and walking towards the dressing room.

Hoseok watched the younger boy heading to get changed, quickly grabbing his own street clothes he followed the boy into the cubicles. He was still hoping to make the younger boy flustered, which he hadn't managed while they were in the event.

Jimin had no idea that Hoseok was behind him as he started to remove the silk shirt his stylist had chosen for the event. He had undone all of the buttons and was starting to tug the shirt off his shoulders when he heard the older boys chuckles, and felt cold fingers pinching the skin on his side, under his ribs. Squealing a little, he leapt away from the sting of the pinch, pulling the sides of his shirt closed with one hand, and warding the older boy off with the other.

Hoseok was bent over laughing at the look on the younger boys face, tears streaming down his face as he tried to catch his breathe. "That was amazing Chim" he gasped through his laughter "You should have seen how high you jumped"

Jimin blinked back his own tears, hiding how the older boys prank had affected him, and laughed the fakest laugh he had ever heard. "Yeah, I guess it must have looked funny" he shrugged, dropping the hand he had been holding out towards Hoseok.

Hoseok was still lying on the floor laughing and Jimin sighed, leaning against the cubicle wall and crossing his arms to secure his shirt. He knew he wouldn't be able to get Hoseok out of the room until after he had calmed down a little. He didn't have long to wait before Hoseok's laughter subsided to quiet chuckles, and he started wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Can you leave now please?" Jimin asked "I really want to get changed"

"You can get changed with me in here, it's not like I've never seen your body before Chim"

Jimin flinched, he hated the way Hoseok said his nickname, it made him feel like he was five years old. "Cut it out Hobi, you know I'm not stripping with you in here"

Hobi jumped off the floor and grabbed Jimin's hips, digging his fingers in and rocking them side to side screaming "Ooooo strip for me baby!" before cracking up again.

Jimin pushed his hands away and shoved him out the door, closing and locking it behind the older boy. He sunk to his knees, finally releasing the grip on his shirt, and let the tears drip down his face. Sobbing quietly into his sleeve so no one could hear him. He allowed himself five minutes before he pulled his emotions back into himself, and slowly stood up changing into his street wear. Wiping the last of the tears from his face, he added a cap and huge sunglasses to his outfit, covering up the puffiness around his eyes. He exited the dressing rooms, and walked straight past Hoseok, without glancing at him. Picking up his bag, he made his way to the car waiting for them.