Broken

Two weeks later

Hoseok had had enough. Jimin was being weird with him ever since that interview, he was fine with the other band members, his normal caring and cuddly self, but every time Hobi went near him, the younger boy closed off.

And now on top of that, Jimin was being sneaky, and the older boy didn't like it.

He watched Jimin as he went into the closet in their shared room. Heard him pull the steps over, and climb up. Heard a box being dragged to the edge of the shelf, the lid scraping slightly as it was opened and closed. He could hear Jimin push the box back on the shelf again, before climbing down and nudging the steps back into the corner of the closet.

Hoseok sighed in frustration, the younger boy had done the exact same thing every night for the last four weeks, and it was driving him crazy. What was in the box? Was it food? Was Jimin breaking his diet again?

Was it a sex toy? Hoseok grinned at that thought. Imagine if it was a sequinned G-string, or a pink and purple pump. He laughed to himself.

Was it love letters or secret notes?

He ran his hand through his hair, and sighed again. What was he hiding? He was Jimin's best friend wasn't he? There shouldn't be any secrets between the two of them, right?. He had to see what was in the box.

"Jimin?" Jin was standing in the doorway of their room, looking a little nervously at Hoseok lying on his bed.

"Yeah Hyung" Jimin's voice floated from the closet.

"Um can you maybe... help me ... with something?"

Jimin came into the main room, looking at Jin curiously, "Sure Jin-Hyung. What do you need help with?"

Jin looked at Hoseok again and his shoulders dropped a little "I need help with the choreography for the new song" he muttered quietly.

Jimin glanced at Hoseok as well, checking out the older boys reaction. Normally Hoseok would be fuming that Jin didn't ask for HIS help, since he WAS the lead dancer., and it would almost guarantee a blow up.

But Hoseok saw this as his opportunity to investigate Jimin's secret, so he smiled encouragingly at the two men in the doorway "Good idea Jin-hyung, you could do with a little extra practice on the steps in the chorus. Give him a hand Jimin" Hoseok waved his hand, shooing the others out of the room. Jin smiled back, grabbing Jimin's hand and starting to tug him out the door. Jimin wasn't convinced. Hoseok was being weird, but he couldn't do anything about it. He threw one last sceptical look at his room mate, before being pulled after the eldest Band Member.

Hoseok continued to smile until the boys were out of the room, then leapt off his bed and raced into the closet.

Looking up at the shoebox on Jimin's shelf, he figured that he was tall enough to be able to reach it without the steps. He had a fair few inches over the shorter boy. Reaching up, Hoseok stretched as far as he could and managed to hook a finger around the edge of the box. He dragged it closer to the edge of the shelf, trying to keep it steady as it moved forwards.

He was almost there, the box was dangling over the edge of the shelf, and finally it was in his hands.

He peered around the edge of the doorway, making sure that the younger boy wasn't on his way back, before opening the box.

Inside was a ... what was it? Like a doll? A figurine? He reached in and grabbed the little statue, bringing it closer to his face he laughed under his breath. It was a tiny china Jimin, it was even dressed in the pyjamas that Jimin was wearing right now. It was amazingly detailed, Jimin's pouty lips and strands of pink hair were painted so clearly that Hoseok felt the urge to touch them. He stroked the shoulders of the little idol in wonder, almost believing he could feel the fabric under his fingertip.

"What the Fuck Hoseok?" Jimin snapped from behind him, and Hoseok jumped, watching in horror as the statue fell from his hand.

The world went in slow motion as both he and Jimin tried to catch the china doll, missing by a fraction, and they watched as the doll bounced on the floor once before coming back down and smashing into pieces, a blue cloud of dust puffing up from the floor.

Hoseok backed away from his room mate, expecting him to start yelling at him, maybe throwing punches. But Jimin just fell to his knees beside the statue, staring at the pieces on the ground.

He slowly started gathering the broken pieces of china together without looking at the older boy.

"Jimin?" Hoseok reached out tentatively, touching the boy lightly on the shoulder and turning him slightly to look at the younger boys face. He was shocked to see a silent tear running down the boys cheek. "Are you crying?"

Jimin jerked away from Hoseok. Running the back of his hand over his cheek, he erased the tear, but a second quickly appeared, then a third. Fat tear drops rolled down his face as he turned back to the broken doll.

Hoseok knew he should be doing something, saying something, but at the moment all he could think about was that he couldn't remember ever seeing Jimin cry.

It's not like he's never seen Jimin upset. They had lived together for years and he'd been with Jimin – or at least in the same place as him – when he went through some of the worst times of his life. He was there when the younger boy hurt himself so badly that he couldn't dance in their concert and felt so guilty. When they went to Hawaii last year as a group, he saw the love and emotion in Jimin's eyes when Taehyung wrote him a heart letter. When they were on stage, and the other boys were crying for their fans, he would hug them close, or rub their back, but he never shed a single tear. Hobi was even in the room with Jimin when he had to make the heart breaking decision to forcibly commit his best friend from before their debut, Jiyoung, into a rehab clinic. He watched as Jimin almost collapsed beside the boy's bed.

But throughout it all he never cried once. So watching the tears dripping off Jimin's chin, onto his knees, Hoseok didn't know what to do. He couldn't believe that the boy was reacting like this to a broken toy.

"Don't cry Jimin... I mean .... It's just a doll!" Hoseok ran his fingers through his hair. But Jimin couldn't stop the tears, he was trying but they just kept coming, rolling down his cheeks in fat drops.

He didn't know why he was this out of control. Hobi was right, it was just a doll. But that thought didn't stop him holding onto the hope of fixing the little china doll, and putting the magic back together.

Frustrated with himself, Hobi did the same thing he always did, he snapped at Jimin. He grabbed the boys shoulder, trying to drag him away from the broken toy, but Jimin flung his hand off. Dropping all of the pieces of china from his hands, he lurched to his feet – fists clenched by his side - and glared at his hyung through the tears.

He inhaled deeply, taking one final look at the pieces of the tiny statue, before his shoulders dropped and he walked away, still crying. 

A/N - I don't really do Authors Notes very often, but I need to point out that Hobi isn't a bad guy,  he's not purposely trying to hurt Jimin, please don't hate him.  I'd also like to let you know that I'm 100% open to feedback.  Please comment with anything you want to see more or less of, or things you think work/don't work.