The Interview

Two weeks later

The boys were back at another event,this time it was one of those "Ask Anything" interviews where fans provided the questions and the group had to answer them. For Hoseok, the worst part of these events was trying to be funny while not being too honest with his answers. He had a tendency to speak his mind without really thinking about the fall out, his managers hated it when he got on a roll, but the fans loved it so they couldn't really come down too hard on the boy.

Today's MC was Suga, which worked out for Hoseok, it meant he could be as over the top sunshine cute as he wanted to be because Yoongi hated being the centre of attention, and encouraged them to be as distracting as possible.

The first few questions were pretty generic, and the whole group answered them pretty easily, with Hoseok filling in the gaps with his cute sound effects and little dances;

Who writes most of the lyrics? (RM writes a lot of them, but they all contribute)

Who sings in the shower? (Kookie and he's really good)

Who cooks in the dorm? (None of them –they don't have time for it anymore – but it used to be Jin and Kookie)

Then the questions started to get a little more touchy.

Who would Hoseok introduce his sister to if he had to choose another member? He considered the question for a minute or two before choosing JungKook. Mostly because the poor bunny was too shy to really do anything with his sister.

Are any of the band members dating anyone? Suga sidelined this question with some vague statement about concentrating on their music and being too tired to think about any potential partners. Which was mostly true, relationships were far too involved and they actually didn't have the time to build any kind of romantic bond with anyone - but it didn't stop the boys from playing around with the staff whenever they could get away with it.

Which two people are the closest friends? This one started some light hearted arguments. Hoseok was adamant it was him and Jimin, but the younger boy didn't seem to agree, which he had to admit annoyed him more than it probably should have. Taehyung was arguing for Jin and Jungkook, and Jimin was pushing the Taehyung-JungKook friendship, but in the end everyone agreed that it was obviously Yoongi and Jimin.

Hoseok was fuming, he couldn't believe that they thought Suga was closer to the little Mochi than he was. His mouth turned down and he started to glare at the pink haired brat - believing they could have won if he had just agreed with his Hyung - before he remembered he was on camera. He quickly flasheda sunshine bright smile and shrugged as if he was accepting the loss gracefully. But his irritation was evident to the other members when the next question was asked: Who works out the most?

Hoseok jumped in straight away "Not Jimin" he grinned at the camera "Sorry girls, he hasn't hit a gym in months. AND he's been eating bulgogi like the cutest little piglet in the world so I'm pretty sure his abs are gone ... gone ....gone ..." he giggled and the other members joined in, until they realised that Jimin wasn't laughing with them.

The pink haired boy was staring at Hoseok, his face had gone pale, his eyes were blank, and the muscles around his mouth had tightened, trying to keep the blatantly fake smile from slipping. Seeing Jimin's reaction, Hoseok abruptly stopped laughing, one eyebrow lifting in confusion over the response, and the interview went quiet as all of the band members turned toJimin.

Yoongi quickly chuckled uncomfortably,"I'm sure the abs are still there girls, what's the next question?"he rushed forward to try to break the deafening quiet "Right –here it is – Whats the weirdest place you have fallen asleep?"

"During one of our rehearsals, I fell asleep on the lifts under the stage – you know the ones that shoot you into the air during the show" RM replied, rubbing the back o fhis neck awkwardly "Thankfully I woke up just before they started testing the equipment – I don't think it would have been a nice way to wake up - being thrown 6 feet in the air"

Jin laughed at Namjoon's story, even though he'd heard it a hundred times already.  He then added hisown story of falling asleep in another band's tour van at one of the K-con events.  He kept glancing between Hoseok and Jimin, nervously, speaking quickly, and rushing through the end of his anecdote.  

Yoongi continued with the interview,and most of the group slowly relaxed back into their normal interviewmodes. The only exception was Jimin, who refused to answer any further questions, or complete any of the requests for cute expressions or girl group dances. He looked like he was on the verge of leaving the interview entirely, when Yoongi started to close offthe session – reminding the ARMY that were watching that they still had another five fan meets in the next three weeks, so they could come and ask them any of their other questions in person. 

The second the filming ended, Hoseok's smile fell off his face and he spun round to face Jimin glaring at the younger boy – "What was that?"

Jimin didn't answer, stripping his mic pack off, he stormed out of the building without saying a word to either his band mates or the staff in the studio.

The band members all looked at each other in shock. They all knew that while it took a lot to rile Jimin up, when it happened he was known to have a wicked temper. But at no point has he ever walked out on his band. And he's never forgotten to show respect to the staff who were responsible for setting up his interviews

"Does anyone know what just happened?" Namjoon asked the group. Hoseok shrugged - it's not like this is the first time he had teased Jimin about his weight, and after the other day in the dressing room he knew for a fact that the abs were still present and as perfect as they have always been. He literally had no idea why Jimin had reacted the way he had.

"He's been acting weird for a couple of weeks now" Taehyung spoke up, "I found him sitting on his bed staring at the wall of his room last week.  When I went back a couple of hours later he was still doing the same thing.  Who stares at a wall for two hours?"  Jungkook couldn't help but laugh, since this is exactly something that Tae would do (and he probably has). 

Hoseok was relieved  – if Jimin had been acting weird enough for Taehyung to notice, and it had been that long, then it was clearly not hisfault. He stood up and stretched "He'll calm down" he said to the group "He'll come back when he's ready – let's justleave it for now yeah?"

He made his way back to the staging area. Reaching the dressing room, he realised Jimin had left his bag behind, including his credit cards and his cellphone. Hoseok laughed. He felt better knowing the brat would be stuck with no money and that he couldn't even get into the dorm without his keys. Grabbing the bag, he handed it to Jin to keep safe for the younger boy, before heading to the car without waiting for the other members.