Locked Out

Jimin's hand was in his pocket, holding the little statue and rubbing it's head like a worry stone. He'd been carrying the figurine with him since the day it was given to him, putting it away in its box at the end of each day. He wasn't sure why he felt more secure with it within reach, but it had become almost like a safety blanket for him. He found himself touching the little figurine whenever he felt like he couldn't hold in his emotions any more. He wished he'd been able to touch it during the interview today – it might have stopped him from reacting.

He wasn't sure why Hoseok's comment had hit him so hard, it's not the first time Hoseok had implied he was fat or lazy. He shook his head again, he didn't know what was wrong with him, he has always been able to keep control, shutting down the pain the older boy caused, and hiding it behind his smile. This time the mask had slipped. He smacked a sign as he stalked down the road – frustrated with himself. He'd almost cried in front of them and that would have been the end of him.

He didn't want to face any of them. Instead he left, and he walked for hours, wandering aimlessly around the markets and shops in Seoul. He ended up standing on Banpodaegyo Bridge, watching the Rainbow Show over and over. He found the colours glistening in the water calming, feeling like he was watching a different show each time. By the time the final show was finished he was finally ready to go home.

A few hours later, he walked up the steps to the dorm building. Checking his pockets for the security swipe to open the doors of the building, it took him 45 second to remember that he had left his keys with his bag at the studio and another minute to realise he didn't have his phone to call anyone to let him in.

He slumped down sitting on the cold concrete steps, leaning against the security doors. He laughed ironically at the stupid situation he had managed to get himself into, if he didn't laugh he would have to cry, and he'd already done more than enough of that today. He leaned his head back against the glass, closed his eyes and gave into the laughter. A few minutes passed before he heard footsteps stopping in front of him and familiar laughter. He opened his eyes to see Taehyung standing at his feet, laughing like a maniac.

"What are we laughing at?" Tae gasped through his laughter

"I have no idea" Jimin replied, wiping his eyes and trying to bring his giggles under control.

Tae suddenly stopped laughing, holding his hand out to his best friend, "Come on Jiminie, let's go home"

Jimin used Tae's hand to pull himself up, before grabbing the younger boy into a tight hug.

"Thanks Tae"

"No problems buddy – can we go in now? It's cold out here"

As they entered the dorm, Jimin was surprised to see the living room empty. Looking at his watch he realised it was nearly 2 in the morning. He considered going to his bed, but didn't want to risk waking Hoseok up, so he said goodnight to Tae and curled up on the end of the couch, waiting for sleep to claim him.  

The next day

He woke up the next morning to the sound of the catering company bringing in food for the group. For once, he was the first band member awake. He stretched like a cat, twisting his back around releasing an involuntary moan of pleasure as he felt the muscles relax. Hoseok's voice rang out from the doorway "Enjoying yourself are you?" he asked with a grin.

Jimin jumped, he hadn't heard the elder come in, but he managed to force a smile on his face before turning to look at the red-head.

"Are you enjoying watching?" he winked, clenching his teeth.

Hoseok laughed before sitting on the armchair. "Are you feeling.... Better?"

Jimin shrugged "Yeah sorry about yesterday" He wasn't sorry but he didn't want to talk about it "I'm over it now" He most definitely wasn't over it "I'm going to go get dressed" He needed to escape before Hobi started in on him again.

A few hours later Jimin was cat-napping on the couch in the studio waiting room, while the other band members were having their hair and make-up done. He was in the last group, giving him a chance to relax a little before he had to join the rest of the group. He hadn't been sleeping well, so he was drifting in and out of consciousness. Suddenly the cushions shifted, as another body slammed on top of him, arms wrapping around his waist to hold him in place. Jimin's eyes shot open to see Hoseok hovering above him, giggling at him as he wiggled on top of the other boy.

"Wake up Chim!" he laughed digging his fingers into Jimin's side. He struggled under the red head, trying to free up his arms to push the elder off him, but Hoseok had him trapped, and with his added height and muscle, he easily held the younger boy down.

Jimin tried to buck upwards to push the older boy off him, desperately wanting to be free, without realising that the move would press his pelvis into the older boys hip.

Hoseok gave him an evil grin "Jimin, we haven't even been on a date yet and you're already all up in my space" he exclaimed as loudly as he could, watching as the younger boy froze, his face turning tomato red. Hoseok wasn't sure why that comment had created this reaction, but a flustered Jimin was always amazing to see. He blinked and leaned back a little to check out the full effect, loosening his grip on Jimin in the process.

With the lighter grip, Jimin managed to flip over, pushing Hoseok off the couch, so he landed on his ass on the floor.

"You are a dick, Hoseok" he forced a laugh through his gritted teeth, trying to bring his blush under control.

"And you're gay for me fairy-boy" Hoseok responded rubbing the base of his spine where he landed. "and it's Hoseok Hyung to you brat"

The next time he looked up Jimin was gone. Hoseok shrugged figuring the boy had gone to the bathroom, and he returned to the styling space to tease Taehyung while he was getting his make-up done.