Hobi Part One

Hoseok opened his eyes and groaned. He was behind the familiar glass barrier, and back in the white room. It had been three weeks since the last dream, and he had barely slept or eaten since discovering that HE was Jimin's biggest nightmare. Three weeks of him alternating between silently crying in his room, apologising to Jimin every time he moved, hating himself and avoiding everyone else.

He had thought that at least his nightly tortures were over, that he had seen everything he could possibly see in this nightmare dreamscape. Nothing could possibly be worse than the last nightmare.

But now he's back in his little glass cage, with empty burning eyes and guilt churning through his body. He could feel his chest tightening already and he felt like screaming or crying, but instead he slumped down onto his ass, leaning against the white wall behind him.

Staring blankly into the room, he tried to gather some mental barricades against whatever the dream might throw at him, but felt like he was grabbing at spider webs, so he gave up and waited for the dream to begin.

Slowly the room started to shift, the movement much gentler than the last time. He watched as the walls took shape, and recognised the dorm they used to live in before the debuted. As he watched, the door to the dorm swung open, and Jimin took a tentative step into the main room followed by one of the original Big Hit managers. He looked terrified, staring around the dorm with his big beautiful dark eyes.

Jimin stooped down to take his shoes off, as the manager strode into the building calling for Namjoon. A door opened, and Hoseok saw a younger version of himself stalk into the room. The older Hobi remembered this, it was when he first met Jimin. He watched as Jimin straightened up and turned to the younger version of Hoseok with a tentative smile and watched the young Hoseok smile at the kid in the doorway, putting all his sunshine in that one expression.

Jimin blushed, his eyes sparkling as young Hobi walked over and introduced himself. Jimin wiped his hand on his pants before stretching it out to Hoseok, who shook it enthusiastically before declaring that they would be 'Best Friends'. Hobi watched Jimin's blush get deeper, but felt the fear seep out of the kid in front of him.

The older Hoseok smiled, 'What was this? That was .... A ...good memory?' he thought 'God please don't let this be a trick.' He looked around hoping to share the memory with the older version of Jimin – HIS Jimin, but he was alone in his box. His face dropped a little, but he turned back to the room as the walls morphed and shifted.

He was in the dance studio, watching Jimin dancing to the first song that was going to be released. Jimin was struggling with the jump that they expected him to make, Hoseok could see the fear in his eyes each time he tried to jump over the marks on the floor and missed.

"Jimin – you need to calm down" Hoseok heard the younger version of himself.

"But if I mess this up, I could really hurt you Hobi-Hyung" the dark haired boy was freaking out.

"It's OK Jiminie, I trust you, I know you won't hurt me" Jimin blushed and looked at his feet.

The younger version of Hoseok left the raven haired boy in the dance hall, going into his own practice room to finish his dance break rehearsal. Jimin looked at the door for a moment, and then shook his head before practicing the leap again.

Hoseok watched him try the dance over and over again for hours, until he finally managed to land the jump every single time he tried it. Hobi's chest felt warm as he realised how much Jimin had worried about hurting him, and how hard he had worked to make sure he got it right.