Abs and Aegyo

Two days had passed

'Holy Shit – when will this be over?' Hobi thought to himself, as he leaned his forehead against the glass barrier in front of him.

"Jimin?" he looked either side of him, searching for his fellow spectator.

"I'm here"

Turning around, he found the pink-haired boy sitting on the floor behind him, legs crossed, as he stared at the floor playing with the laces on his shoes. Hoseok knew for a fact that he wasn't there twenty seconds ago, he was starting to wonder if Jimin only appeared when Hobi called him....

"Where are we this time Min?" Hoseok fell to the floor beside his friend, pulling his knees up and leaning his arms across the top of them. Jimin lifted his head to take a quick look around, before staring at his shoes.

"We're at Big Hit"

"So this is a good dream?"

Jimin laughed a little... but the laughter was empty... "None of my dreams are good"

Hobi frowned a little, but before he could ask anything else the door to the office opened and Bang-PD and Manager-Nim strolled in followed by pre-debut Jimin. The younger Jimin's face was blank as he stood in front of the two men. Bang-PD pulled out a chair, and waved at Jimin to sit down. When the boy sat, Band-PD leaned against the desk looking at the young boy.

"Here's the problem Jimin" he said calmly "Your choreographer has been telling us that you don't listen to him in dance classes. He says you have talent, but he doesn't know if you are ready to debut. And Manager-nim has concerns about your singing too – your coach says that you can either dance or sing, but you are struggling to do both at the same time...."

"I'm sorry - I promise I'll work twice as hard, I swear I'm ready for this" Jimin replied, with an edge of panic to his voice. The Jimin behind the barrier crawled forward a little, stroking the glass as if he could touch his younger self, to reassure him.

Bang-PD considered the boy for a moment, before turning to the Manager. "What do you think Sejin?"

"I just don't think he's going to make it" Sejin replied lifting one shoulder "He just doesn't have the talent, or the personality"  Older Jimin's breathe caught, and his eyes were glassy as he watched the conversation that changed his entire life.

"Hmmmm – we're only two days out from debut and I think we're going to need his dancing to even out those giants Namjoon and Seokjin..." Bang-PD looked back at the boy in front of him "Plus he's got the body that's going to drive the fangirls wild."

Sejin nodded slowly "I guess if it doesn't work out we can just drop him before the first album comes out."

Hoseok glanced at the older Jimin, he had no idea that Jimin's future was so unsure when they debuted. And he wasn't sure he liked the managers reducing Jimin's exceptional talent to two sentences, they made it seem like he was only included because he had abs and could hide the leaders inability to dance. No wonder Jimin spent so much extra time in his lessons, and at the studio. But surely now he knew they wouldn't remove him from the group... didn't he?

Bang-PD agreed with his manager. He scanned Jimin once more, before finally telling the boy he could leave.

The edges of the dream started fading out a little. Pink haired Jimin looked at Hoseok "What's this? Are you doing this?" He demanded