What the F

The next day

Hobi was watching him again, Jimin could feel his eyes on him, as he leant against the mirror of the dance studio, trying to catch his breath. He opened one of his eyes,and glanced at the reflection in the mirror, and, as expected, the older boy was staring at him.

Jimin's stomach tightened in knots,as he closed his eyes again. With Hoseok moving into the studio, his depressed moods, the dramas with the other team members, and that weird dream last night, being in the same room with Hoseok made Jimin so stressed out that he wanted to throw up.

Jimin sighed – he didn't understand that dream at all. It wasn't unusual for him to dream about Hoseok, but he'd never been NICE in the dreams.

In fact the whole dream had just felt ...different. It was like he was watching his life on a movie screen and it felt like Hobi was just another member of the audience. It was like the older boy had actually been there in the dream with him,with neither of them having any control over what was happening beyond the barrier... But that wasn't possible.... was it? Jimin sighed again.

He felt Taehyung's arms wrap around his waist, his chest pressing against Jimin's back and his chin resting on his shoulder. For a split second Jimin wanted to push the younger boy away, but he resisted, placing his hands over the ones on his waist.

"Are you OK Chim?" Tae whispered in his ear.

He opened his eyes, and glanced at Hoseok in the reflection of the mirror again, already knowing that he wasn't watching them anymore. He spent a moment watching the red-haired boy re-tying his shoes, before grinning and playfully shoving Tae away "Of course I am – why wouldn't I be?"

"Ah that makes my smile tingle" Tae replied with a box shaped grin.

Jimin couldn't help but laugh "What do you need Taehyungie?"

"Oh yeah... Jin-Hyung asked me to come and let you and Hoseok-hyung know that we are ready to go.  Jin-Hyung would like to know if you are coming with us?"

Jimin was caught between wanting to getaway from the studio, and practicing the choreography one more time. He knew there were gaps where his steps weren't as tight as he wanted, and he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep until he got them  perfect, so with reluctance he decided he couldn't go home yet.

"Thanks but I think I'm going to do one more run through before I finish for the night – so I'll catch you at home."

Tae nodded as if he expected the answer"I'll save some dinner for you"

He heard Taehyung flounce over to Hoseok, but couldn't hear their conversation. He closed his eyes again, leaning on the mirror again and concentrating on the cool feeling of the glass against his overheated skin. Taking a deep breathe he heard Hoseok and Taehyung walking across the studio floor,before the door opened and closed, and Jimin relaxed, believing both boys had left.

Opening his eyes he walked over to the music station, finding the song that was causing him issues in the available playlist. A movement in the corner of his eye made him yelp, as he realised that Hobi hadn't left when the others had.

Jimin wrapped his arms around himself,leaning back defensively. "What are you still doing here Hyung?".

He hoped Hoseok wasn't going to harass him like he normally did. He was exhausted, and wound up, and he wasn't sure he'd be able to control his feelings if Hobi started in on him now.

The older boy took a step towards him. He didn't mean to flinch, but the dream had brought some old instincts to the surface, and the sudden movement had him taking a step back.

Hoseok held one hand out, and stepped back again, trying to soothe the younger boy.

"Jimin....I...We...Can I ask.... Shit this is hard"

Jimin moved back to the mirror, leaning his back against it and crossing his arms across his chest, he stared at Hoseok but didn't say anything.

"Look this is going to sound insane,maybe, or at least a little bit mental" Hoseok started. Jimin's curiosity was killing him, but all he did was raise one eyebrow.

Hoseok must have taken that as a sign of encouragement because he started talking in a rush, words falling from his mouth...

"OK – here goes – for the last few weeks I've been dreaming about you, and I don't think they're normal dreams, I think I'm in your memories. I mean I know I haven't seen you as a little kid before, but I went through your albums and I swear the kid in my dream looks exactly like you as a child. And then last night, I dreamed that you were there with me,like this you, not the baby you...." He paused, lowering his head"Sorry, I'm probably not explaining this very well"

Jimin's head was spinning, his heartbeat was pounding in his chest. That was real? Shit – It was real!– That means Hoseok is getting a front row seat to his nightmares.

"So I'm guessing what I'm asking is ... well this is going to sound awful and weird... but I need to know... w-w-were you actually there with me? Are we SHARING DREAMS?"Hoseok stuttered as he finally looked at the younger boy.

Jimin couldn't speak, couldn't find any words in his head, it was like he had forgotten how to make his mouth work, so he stood with his mouth open, eyes wide.

"Jimin?" Hoseok took a step forwards

Ahhh - there were words in his head now.... "Holy Shit!" Jimin grimaced internally – probably not the most eloquent or helpful response but at least they were words.

"What does that mean?"

"I think it mostly means – WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY HEAD?"

"I knew you were there" Hoseok rushed towards him "I don't know why this is happening, but are they real? Are they memories or dreams?"

"Memories" Jimin replied not wanting to expand too much. Hoseok winced, realising that the nightmare father in the memories was actually Jimin's father. He reached a hand forward, wanting to comfort the younger boy, but Jimin glared at him and his hand dropped.

"OK – so what do we do?"

"I have NO idea"