Switching Places

Three days later

Jimin opened his eyes to find himself caught behind the familiar clear barrier. He looked around for Hoseok, and was stunned when he realised that the older boy wasn't there. Jimin was by himself in the clear box.

He looked around him, finding that he was back in the dressing room at the end of the Ask Anything interview.

The younger version of himself was unbuttoning his shirt, and he could see Hobi leaning in the doorway.

Wait, how could he be seeing Hobi? The younger version had his back turned to the door, and he hadn't known the older boy was there until he had grabbed him from behind. So... how was he seeing this?

He stared at Hoseok through the glass barrier. Surprised that he was still standing in the door, how long did he stand there before making his move?

Jimin watched as Hoseok stared at his younger version, his eyes following his hands as each button popped from the hole in the shirt. Hobi's breathing picked up, a blush touched his cheeks, and as Jimin watched, his tongue flicked out over his bottom lip.

'He looks fucking kissable' the older Jimin thought to himself - before reminding himself that this was Hoseok, the boy who took so much pleasure in tormenting him.

He watched as Hobi's hands clenched and unclenched – he would give a lot of money to know what was going through his Hyung's mind right then.

Jimin finally figured it out –this wasn't HIS memory.... For some reason, he was in Hobi's memory instead.

He saw Hoseok shake his head before striding into the dressing room, pinching the younger boy's ribs.

The older version of Jimin watched his younger self flinch away from Hobi's hands, but as he watched he saw Hoseok's surprised face, and the hand he reached out to soothe the spots he'd pinched. Why would he do that? He meant to hurt Jimin.... Hadn't he?

The edges of the dream started fading out a little, there was no harsh spin, or shifting walls but when he opened his eyes next he was somewhere else. One minute he was in the dressing room, and the next he was in the entranceway of their dorm, still trapped behind glass.

He could see Hoseok sitting on the couch in the sitting room, with his back to the entrance way. He could hear that the television was on, but the older boy kept twisting on the couch to stare behind him at the door.

There was a rattle of keys and the door opened to show a silver haired version of himself. Hoseok's eyes lit up, but he quickly turned back to the TV.

Jimin studied the younger version of himself. He looked exhausted, with big bags under his eyes. His skin was pale and it looked like he was starting to break out. He was limping slightly as he stepped through the door and dropped his keys in the bowl by the door before bending to take off his shoes.

Hobi jumped over the back of the couch. Walking over to the younger boy, he reached out for a hug, but the grey haired boy stepped back away from his friend and Hoseok came to a complete stop.

He ran a hand back through his hair and plastered a smile on his face, "JIMINIE! I've been waiting for you forever. Let's go out and grab something to eat" he was bouncing on the balls of his feet.

The younger Jimin closed his eyes for a moment, rubbing the muscle of his shoulder.

"Not tonight Hobi-Hyung, I think I might just go play video games with Kookie"

"Oh" Hoseok's face dropped and he stepped back too "Sure .... OK"

"I'll just go... and...you know"Hobi turned around and quickly walked back to the couch.

"Hyung?" Jimin called after him with a frown.

"It's fine Jimin – we'll dos omething tomorrow maybe yeah?" Jimin watched the younger version of himself shrug before heading to Jungkook's room, the younger version completely missing the choked tone in Hoseok's voice but the older version heard it loud and clear. Why was Hoseok so upset? He was just bored wasn't he? Lonely? He didn't actually want to spend time with JIMIN did he?

He rubbed his eyes, and when he opened them again he was somewhere new.

The silver haired version of himself was sitting on the bed in his room, checking out Twitter on his phone. Hoseok was on the other bed, pretending to read, while staring over the top of the book at Jimin.

He put the book down and Jimin looked up from his phone with a questioning look.

"Ummmm Jiminie?"

Younger Jimin put his phone on the bed, and turned to face Hobi "Yeah Hyung"

"Are you busy this afternoon? I was going to do another episode of Hope on the Street and it's always more fun when you are there"

Jimin frowned "I don't know Hobi, I was practicing that new dance until like 2 this morning. I don't know if I could face another minute in that studio right now. And I was planning on spending some time with Yoongi-Hyung this afternoon."

"Ahhhh OK" Hoseok's shoulders tensed up and his lips tightened into a triangle and he turned away.

The older Jimin frowned behind the glass. What was that?

"Can we do it tomorrow Hyung?"

"No... No....I promised I would have it done today... but it's OK, I'll just do it alone."

"But Hyung..."

"It's fine Jimin" Hoseok's voice was tight "You go spend time with Yoongi-hyung. I'm sure that will be fun"

"But..."

The older Jimin blinked, 'Holy Shit! – Hoseok was JEALOUS.'

The next day

Jimin was a mess. He'd spent the rest of the night tossing and turning, trying to make sense of the memories he'd seen. The only thought that made sense, the though the kept coming back to, was that Hobi liked him too. And that couldn't be the truth. Hoseok was straight, wasn't he? Beside he had spent the last two years tormenting Jimin whenever he could, and he wouldn't have done that if he had liked Hobi romantically.... right?

But then again...

If Hoseok liked him... and was confused about it... and Jimin hadn't been paying attention to him.......

He couldn't let the idea go, so ended up awake for most of the night, arguing with himself. And now he was staring at Hobi again. The dance leader was taking the group through the steps they need for the upcoming performance on the Countdown Show. He was watching the members as they slowly walked through the whole song and point out where their timing slipped, or they missed a step.

After all of his contemplating last night, and the new possibility that maybe Hoseok might be attracted to him, Jimin finally admitted to himself that the serious bossy Hobi was fucking hot.

As Hobi's lips tightened, Jimin couldn't stop himself from imagining his lip moulded against the others, feeling them relax under his kiss.

Hoseok finally looked at him, his eyes filled with the same fire and passion he always had when he danced,and it was the final straw for Jimin's body. He quickly excused himself from the group to go to the bathrooms before anyone else noticed how turned on he was at that moment.

Hobi watched him go, with worry in his eyes, not knowing why the boy had rushed out, but assuming he had done something wrong again.