Seven

The girls were reunited when they were thrown into the same cell. Ghost glared at the concrete walls, Nightshade huffed, and Viper threw threats at the men escorting them.
Viper stopped her cursing once the men were far enough away they could no longer hear her. She sighed, "This is not ideal."
Ghost snapped her head to look at Viper, "Not ideal? This is one of the worst things that can happen! We're assassins and we've been caught! By the Avengers!" Ghost continued to glare while Viper just rolled her eyes.
Nightshade looked at Viper, "She's actually right."
Ghost started yelling again, "Of course I'm right!"
It took a while of tense silence before the girls started getting along again.
"It's been three days! When are they going to take us out of here? Or at least feed us!"
Viper was rolling her eyes again, "It's not even been three hours."
"Feels like three days," Nightshade muttered.
Before any of them could make another sarcastic comment, the lock of the cell was being fiddled with and the door finally opening.
The man that opened it was guarding his neck and looking very hesitant as he pried it open.
He was confused when he saw the young women staring at him expectantly from their sitting positions, "Aren't you guys supposed to be the biggest threat in the city?"
"We are," Nightshade said in a bored tone.
"What do you want from us? An attack to prove it?" Ghost asked.
The guard still looked confused, "Aren't you afraid I'm going to kill you? Or lead you to your death?" Between the smudged makeup, wrinkled cocktail dresses, and hair falling out of place they looked more suited to a walk of shame than a killing.
"I accepted my death a long time ago." Viper said without a hint of teasing.
The guard shook his head, "Okay," then he pointed to Ghost, "Come with me."
Viper and Nightshade were about to put up a fight when she waved them off.
As Ghost pulled against the metal that was cuffing her to a table, Steve cleared his throat, "Mikayla Marie Jefferson, for as many kills as you have you've got a pretty clean record."
She smiled up at him, "That's because I know how to commit my crimes correctly."
Cap hummed in response, "Says here that you're from California?"
She nodded, "That is what it says."
He narrowed his eyes in annoyance as he glanced over it, "I'll give you a proposition but I don't want your answer until you've discussed it with your team."
Mikayla put her head in her hands, "Let's hear it."
He closed the folder, "We're not too stupid to see that you guys have skill, considering you're all in your early 20s, and have about a hundred kills each, but we're also smart enough to see you need to take responsibility for your actions. We'll allow you to join us as a part of the team but you won't be without supervision until you've proven you've changed."
She pursed her lips mockingly, "I'm definitely going to need to talk this one over with the team."
Cap sighed and gestured for the guard to return her to the cell where Luci and Rose had already been removed from.
"Rose Anne Hawthorne. 24, lived in Forks, Washington until six years ago. Engagement announced three years ago, but no wedding. College drop out, you'd been pursuing law? How ironic. 4.0 GPA, all honors. If you're this sneaky it's fitting you're called a snake." Tony finally looked at the girl, "Point is, this folder tells me a lot about you but I think I'll get more from you. Care to say anything before we start?"
She thought for moment, "I actually lived in Forks until five years ago."
Tony looked unamused, "Listen, you and your little friends will be facing major consequences for your actions. Our offer is your best option-"
She cut him off, "What exactly is your offer?"
He huffed, "I was getting there, you know, before you interrupted. Now, you've all been pretty bad people but here comes your second chance. We'll let you join us, saving lives to make up for the ones you took, and we'll pretend this assassin thing never happened. Only consequences you'll face is a chaperone until you prove you don't need one."
"A babysitter?" She complained.
"That or death penalty," Stark snapped.
She huffed but didn't say anything else.
"Lucia Claire Mulligan. Nice name, nice marks in school, good job, spotless record, and almost a hundred kills. You must be so proud." Clint said as he scanned over the papers in front of him.
Nightshade smiled, "I am."
Clint looked at her without raising his head, "Anyways, let's get right to the point. Join the Avengers or face the court and answer for your kills."
She raised an eyebrow, "Care to elaborate?"
"Not really," he sighed, "Listen kid, you'll be under supervision at all times but still have your freedom or you can spend the rest of your life in a cell, considering you get lucky and don't get a death sentence."
Luci nodded, "Alright. Let me talk to the girls?"
He nodded and the told the guard he was done with her.