Thirty Eight

"My names Pietro but that's not why I'm here. Have you heard anything from Rose? You were listed as her last emergency contact and I need to find her." He said sternly.
James scoffed, "Haven't seen her or wanted to since she threw a vase at my head." James turns to the left, pointing to a scar on his forehead.
Pietro shook his head, "Why-why would she throw a vase at you? Especially if she trusted you enough to be her emc." It wasn't adding up.
"She's psychotic. If she's gone, don't look for her. Just thank god." James started closing the door when a woman appeared behind him.
"Honey, who's at the door?" She asked quietly.
"Someone looking for Rose. Apparently I'm still her emc," James explained while slowly continuing to shut the door.
Her eyes widened, "Rose?" She turned to Pietro, "Is everything alright? Is she alright?"
She pushed her way in front of James and opened the door wider.
He swallowed, "I need to find her. How do you guys know her, if you don't mind me asking?"
The woman glanced at James awkwardly, "She was my best friend in college and James' ex fiancée."
Pietro's eyes widen a bit as he connects the dots, "Thank you for your time but she's obviously not here, so I'll be on my way."
"Wait!" The woman calls, "I want to help you any way I can. Have you gotten ahold of Alec?"
Pietro freezes, recognizing the name but he didn't know where from. Most likely her file. "No, do you happen to have a number for him?"
She nodded and pulled out a pen, writing it on a torn off piece of paper.
"Thank you," He nods but is off before anything else can be said.