Twenty Five

It took twelve hours of surgery but all the implants were removed. Before all the microphones were removed and destroyed, someone on the other end heard what was happening and kept setting the electrocuting devises off. Once all the speakers were out, it didn't stop but it became more random because whoever was listening no longer knew what was happening. The xrays had been able to show where the implants were so it was relatively easy to find them, however, removing them was a problem considering they'd implanted them in complex areas. Most of them were nestled by nerves or dangerously close to organs. One wrong move could cause major problems, but luckily, as the avengers, they had access to the best in the field.
Dr. Banner was the first to clean up after she was all stitched up.
"She'll be fine in a couple hours," He smiled to the waiting room of Avengers, thinking best not to mention how much of her body they'd found was already covered in scarred tissue.
On a beach in Hawaii, Peter and Kayla were laughing as waves crashed into them. They'd come to the beach early and were still swimming, even now that the moon provided the majority of their light.
They were the only ones left so Peter could pull her close without worrying about children nearby. He could also wrap his arms around her torso and pull her in until they locked lips.
When they finally pulled away, Peter rested his forehead against Kayla's. They were so close a whisper was loud enough, "I love you."
Kayla batted her lashes a few times before glancing up to him, unable to wipe the smile from her lips, "I love you, too."