Sixteen

Friday night Luci found herself in a dress the same blue as Bucky's eyes. Her hair was half up and her eyelids were sparkling.
Bucky was outside her door at seven o'clock on the dot.
Unknown to him, Rose and Kayla were behind her door. They'd gotten Luci ready and were just starting on doing the same to themselves, however, they had a different motive.
Five minutes later, they were each wearing a wig and had changed their clothes.
As Kayla drove, Rose popped out a contour kit and got to work on the both of them.
By the time they were in the restaurant, they were unrecognizable.
Thanks to the teams advice, they were also in hoodies and caps.
The hostess took a little bribing in order to give them the table behind Bucky's back but it was worth it. From their spot they could make out some of what was being said and see Luci.
"Hi, my name is Matt. I'll be your server tonight, can I start you off with some drinks?" A young man asked, startling them.
"Just water," Kayla said before they both turned their attention back to Luci and Bucky.
"They're so adorable!" Rose gushed, watching their nervous behavior. Kayla nodded enthusiastically.
As dinner went, they kept a close eye, practically jumping from their seats when Luci got up.
They followed her to the restroom but stopped her before she could enter a stall.
"Can I help you?" Luci glanced over them suspiciously.
"Tell us everything!" Kayla said.
Luci glared instantly, recognizing her voice, "Kayla? What the hell are you doing here?" She spared a glance to her partner, "Rose? You guys followed us!"
Rose nodded, "I think that's obvious now give us the details."
Luci rolled her eyes, "If you leave now, I'll tell you everything when I get home."
The girls scoffed but left the restroom. They were still complaining that their plans were ruined when they got back to the compound.
However, Kayla's mood was suddenly better when Peter walked in the room.
He practically ran to her and met her with a kiss. Rose spared them one glance before she left the room.
"Where've you been?" Peter asked, still smiling from their kiss.
Kayla shrugged, "We hacked the system and snuck out to follow Luci."
Peter shook his head, "Knowing Luci I'm assuming it didn't end well?" Kayla shook her head.
Peter took her hand and started for the elevator, "Since you're home early we can watch a movie in the cinema. That is, if you want?" He was tripping over his words for the last part.
Kayla nodded and happily followed Peter to the movie room. Their night was filled with popcorn and cuddles.
On a different floor, Rose was in a corner of the gym that was tucked away and not visible to a simple glance. Rather than exercising, she was taking a nap where no one would disturb her. How could they if it was where she was least expected to be?
She stayed like that until FRIDAY woke her up, "Ms. Hawthorne, I've been asked to remind you that you need to be in your bedroom by midnight."
She yawned, glancing down at her phone to find she had two minutes.
Running as fast as she could, she still missed curfew but she was more afraid of why Clint was in her room. Tony may put her on lock down for being late but Clint would give her the lecture of her life.
"What're you up to, Pops?" Rose asked, hesitantly.
He gave her an unamused glance, "You missed curfew, but that's not why I'm here."
Rose was even more nervous now but encouraged him to continue.
"We're taking you girls off probation. In the coming months you'll have more freedom but I'm expecting you to use it wisely. If I hear from Tony that you've been-"
Rose caught him off, "Hear from Tony? Where will you be?"
"I'm going home. Taking awhile off to be with my family."
Rose realized what he was saying. Family. Kids. He had actual kids back home. She was just a sub in. A temporary responsibility.
Rose nodded, putting on a fake smile.
"Goodnight kiddo," Clint kissed her forehead and left.
"How could I be so stupid?" Rose asked herself, sinking into her bed.
She quickly threw on some clothes and made her way to the rooms next door. Luci still wasn't back and Kayla was nowhere to be seen.
Rose shrugged it off and went on her way. She was off probation so there was nothing stopping her.
One cab ride later and she was in the closest bar the driver could find.