Twelve

Luci had been awake since 3:00 AM when Wanda and Rose were not so quietly nailing something to her door. She hadn't been able to fall back asleep. She stopped trying after an hour. That's how she found herself on the roof at 4:30, watching the stars. She still hadn't noticed she wasn't alone. Bucky sat on the other side, hoping she wouldn't notice him.
She continued to not notice his presence until she went to leave an hour later.
"Who's there?" She said, raising her fists.
"Just me," Bucky said quietly.
"Bucky?" She squinted into the dark, trying to see him better, "Have you been out here this whole time?"
He nodded, bracing himself for her to go off calling him creepy and strange.
"Why didn't you tell me? We could have kept each other company," she said, surprising him.
"Sorry. How about next time?" He asked, voice deep and quiet.
"I'll hold you to it," she smiled then turned back to the stairs to leave.
It was still early but most of the Avengers were up.
She walked into the kitchen just as Tony ran past yelling, "Anyone seen Luci? She's missing!"
Clint was running in the other direction, "Rose isn't in her room either!"
Just as Steve walked in, Kayla under his arm, "Buck still up there?" He nodded up towards the stairs that led to the roof. Luci nodded, turning on the toaster.
"Lucifer is in here!" Sam yelled into the hall. Luci punched him in the arm. It didn't stop Sam, "Isn't that was Luci is short for?"
She just glared and got her bagel from the toaster.
"Luci!" Tony yelled as he came in, "I was worried sick! Don't be leaving your room if no one knows where you are!" He was lecturing her.
Luci laughed and rolled her eyes, "Okay, dad."
Tony gave her a small glare, "I'm serious, young lady."
"I understand," she went to leave the kitchen but stopped before she was out to add, "Old man."
When Steve started laughing, Tony attaches him, "Don't act like you haven't pretty much adopted Kayla."
Steve kept laughing, "At least she only gives me attitude sometimes."
"Don't be so sure of that," Kayla said before slipping under his arm, grabbing an apple, and leaving.
Tony and Steve sighed together. Clint slumped into the room, "I still haven't seen her. Do you think she snuck out?"
Steve shrugged, "You could always just ask FRIDAY."
Clint looked at Steve, "How did I not think of that earlier?"
He shook his head, "FRIDAY, where's Rose?"
"Pietro's bedroom, Sir."
Clint's eyes looked like they were going to pop from his head.
He ran for the elevator, leaving Steve and Tony to look at each other in disappointment.
Rose was still asleep next to Wanda when Clint threw the door open yelling, "You quick bastard!"
Wanda and Rose stirred in bed while Pietro shot up from his spot on the floor.
He was rubbing the sleep from his eyes as Clint gave him a death glare.
"What's going on?" Rose asked from where she was sitting up on the bed.
Clint finally looked at Rose and noticed it was Wanda next to her, "What happened last night?"
Wanda and Rose both shrugged.
Pietro sighed, "They were up to trouble until they crashed outside my door. I let them sleep in my bed. I promise I was on the floor the whole night." His accent heavier because he was still sleepy.
Clint glared at him before turning to Rose, "You come with me." She sank into the bed with a groan, "Are you hungover?"
She shook her head, "Maybe a little."
Clint rolled his eyes then pulled her from the bed. She followed behind him still slouching.
Clint turned back when she started laughing. She was looking at a sign on Steve's door.
It read 'senior citizen-sicle'. 
"I forgot about the signs." She laughed.
He walked to his door and saw 'bird man' written in glitter. Across the hall, Sam's door read 'bird man 2.'
Clint sighed, "At least I'm not number two."
He continued until they were in the gym.
"Everything alright, Pops?" Rose asked, getting nervous. She first called him that weeks ago and he tried to tell her not to but by now he'd given up.
"We need to have a talk," Clint sighed, "I won't be with you as much to watch out for you. You need to be careful, not reckless."
Rose nodded.
"And let's just face it, I have pretty much become your pops. Do your old man a favor?"
She smiled, "Does that mean I can keep calling you that?"
He nodded and continued, "Promise me you won't go back."
Rose wanted to play dumb but they both knew what he was talking about. Don't go back to the killer. She also wanted to lie, and once upon a time she'd be able to look anyone in the eye and bluff, but this was Clint. She couldn't to him, "I promise."
Clint smiled, gave her a hug, and left Rose alone in the gym.
"FRIDAY, could you have Luci and Kayla come meet me in my room. Alone." Her voice was quiet but the AI heard her.
She was pacing when they came in.
"Did the sexual tension with Pietro finally get to you, too?" Kayla asked.
Rose snapped up, "I can't do it!"
"Do what?" Luci asked.
"Pietro?" Kayla asked after.
"I can't turn on them all! They've been so good to us! Clint actually said I can call him pops! That means he actually sees me as a daughter! Not the Viper, a person! And Wanda and Pietro let me join their team! Everyone is like family around here! We finally have a real family! It's not just us!" Rose slumped onto the bed, "I won't say anything if you guys still want to follow through, it's only fair."
Kayla and Luci looked at each other, "Both Luci and I like it here. We're staying, too."
Luci nodded, "Do you really think Kayla could leave Peter? Or that Steve would let her leave?"
Rose laughed, "He has stepped in as her kind of dad, too."
Kayla rolled her eyes, "I'm not calling him daddy, I'm into Peter."
"Isn't Peter like 17, isn't that age gap a bit strange?" Luci asked.
"Like you dating a guy that about a hundred? And we're both 18," Kayla shot back.
Rose laughed, "We forget you're not as old as us."
"So, we're all staying?" Luci asked.
Luci and I both nodded. The Avengers were our family and you aren't supposed to leave family behind.