Familia

13

I was down for him and I thought he was down for me. I thought wrong. -Nique

Monique

I kept my promise and met up with Dre at the park on Saturday.

I didn't go looking like a bum either. I cleaned myself up and kept it moving.

I'm numb to these niggas now.

I saw him over by the playground with his daughter Andrea so I approached him.

"You came." He said smiling.

"I did." I said. "Hey pretty girl." I greeted Andrea. She smiled and waved.

We sat on a bench while Andrea went to go play.

"So what did you need to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Straight to the point I see."

I shrugged.

"So basically I really think I know you and before you shut me down just hear me out, cause this legit all matches up."

"Okay go." I said a little more interested.

"Ight. So my daughter's mother name is Adrianna. She's 21." He started. "She has a twin brother named Anthony and they both live down here in Atlanta. When I saw you that day in the mall I thought that you looked so much like Adrianna which is why I approached you."

I nodded. I don't know where he's going with this.

"So when I saw you at the park the other day I couldn't help but to go home and talk to Adrianna's father, Kain, about you. I figured maybe yall were cousins or something but he said he didn't have any brothers or sisters. Then I came to the conclusion that maybe yall were sisters."

After he said sisters I broke out in laughter.

"There is no way that I have a sister and brother. Older than me at that? They would have to be younger. That's when my dad left my mom." I said.

"Exactly. You're dad left your mom, but did he ever tell you why?" Dre asked.

"Nah. We ain't do too much talking after he left. I know it was another woman though." I answered.

"See, he left her for another woman." He said as if he solved the case.

I gave him a confused look.

"Okay? That would still have to mean that my siblings are younger than me." I said in a duh tone.

"Not necessarily. Why do you think your dad left within three years for another woman?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Niggas are stupid."

"Nah. He left because he was already halfway out the door. Your mom ever told you how her and your dad got together?"

"No."

"Well here's what happened. Your dad was with someone else, Adrianna's mom, and they had twins. He got your mom pregnant when Adrianna and Anthony were two from a one night stand. He figured that it was right to leave and be with your mom, so he left Adrianna and Anthony to be there for you. You know the rest of the story." Dre explained.

I was speechless cause it really did all match up. That explains so much.

"Wow."

"Yeah. And I could be 100% sure but I kinda forgot your name so I wasn't able to confirm anything. The only way you can be sure now is if you come back to the house with me where Kain, Adrianna, and Anthony are waiting."