Concrete Jungle

**Make sure you read the author's note at the end of the chapter. It's important!**                                           

                                16 

Nah you just don't want to fall for anyone else like you fell for Monique. Nigga you ain't slick. - Jayce

Michael

"It's right there Dora! " Siani screamed at the television.

We just woke up and had breakfast now Siani was in the living room watching Dora or some shit like that. Liyah was supposed to be coming by to pick her up soon but I knew that wasn't gonna happen.

"Yo Siani chill on Dora." I said to her.

"No daddy! The mountain is right there and she can't see it!" She said pointing to the tv.

I just laughed and answered my phone that was ringing.

"Yooo" Jayce said.

"Waddup my nigga."

"The usual. Listen I'm gonna stop by."

"That's gooch. Where you at?" I said hopping on the kitchen counter.

"Your driveway."

"Nigga what was the point of calling then?"

"I didn't just wanna come outa the blue."

"You're base for that. Come in though."

Jayce walked through the front door 10 seconds later.

"Hey uncle Jayce." Siani said running over and hugging him.

"Waddup lil Si."

"Siani go play in your room for a little bit." I said.

She went to her room while me and Jayce went in the living room and started smoking and chiiling.

"So I was over in Bed-Stuy the other day. Some niggas heard about our work." Jayce said taking a hit.

I shrugged. "Okay?"

He exhaled the smoke. "They heard about how we're quick and clean with it and wanted us to do a little work for em."

I shook my head. "I don't know man. We just came from a mission 2 months ago. I never do em that close together."

"Nah you just don't want to fall for anyone else like you fell for Monique. Nigga you ain't slick." Jayce laughed.

"You whack as hell." I said.

"Nah but they don't want us for the type of missions we usually do. They just want us to handle some shit and we're done."

"I don't know. What do they want us to do?"

"Just to get some shit to this nigga. Quick in and out. Plus he gonna be at that new club opening so it makes it easier."

"I'll think about it." I started laughing. "Nigga what were you doing in Bed-Stuy to start with?"

He sucked his teeth. "Man you know that girl I was messing with ova there?"

I nodded.

"She claiming she pregnant and shit. I know she neighborhood hoe so I wasn't worried. Bitch had me mixed up talkin' bout I'm the only one she been with in a minute. Even if that was my baby I wouldn't claim it. It would be ugly as shit like her. I'm not tryna have no ugly ass kid." Jayce vented.