Epilogue

Epilogue

Baby, I'll forever be Holding You Down. -Nique

Author's POV.

Oh you played me dirty, your game was so bad

You toyed with my affliction

Had to fill out my prescription

Found the remedy, I had to set you free

Away from me

To see clearly the way that love can be

When you are not with me

I had to live, I had to live

I had to leave, I had to leave

If I can't have you, let love set you free

To fly your pretty wings around

Pretty wings, your pretty wings

Your pretty wings, pretty wings around

( Pretty Wings X Maxwell )

The music played softly in the background as Monique and Micheal soaked in the warm bubble bath together.

Since hearing the news a few weeks ago that Siani won't be able to come home for another six months, it's really taken a toll on Micheal. There's nothing he can do to shorten the time either, unless he wants an investigation.

That's the last thing he needed considering his lifestyle.

Monique decided against going back to Atlanta for a while. She needed to be here with Micheal, and she'd stay as long as he needed her. It was only right.

The lighting in the room was coming from the candles that were placed around the bathroom.

Not many words were being said. Just thoughts running through both of their heads.

Micheal softly ran his hand up and down Monique's leg. The candle light just amplified her beauty.

A few days earlier they had went to Monique's first appointment together. She was three months pregnant so they were able to get an ultrasound of the baby. The doctor was a little concerned that Monique hadn't come in earlier for the check up, but everything with the baby was fine so it was okay.

Being that Micheal and Liyah weren't together during her pregnancy this was Micheal's first time experiencing most of this.

He and Monique were both new at this.

Often Micheal would find himself looking at the pictures from the ultrasound. It was the only way to keep his mind off of the Siani situation.

He missed his baby girl with everything in him, but he would see her soon.

Instead of laying around and being depressed like he wanted to be, he's been doing things with Nique. Preparing for the baby, making their relationship stronger, connecting mentally, things of that nature.

Micheal knew that he had to look at the bright side or else he would miss out on yet another one of his child's tummy days. He also didn't want Monique to think that she was going through the pregnancy alone, because that definitely wasn't the case.

Micheal admired the fact that Monique is still here sticking it through with him. She has really been holding him down lately.

"Nique?" Micheal finally spoke.

They were sitting on opposite sides of the tub. Monique looked up causing their eyes to meet.

"Yes?"

He took a deep breath. "I think you're such an amazing person. Like really I don't know of any other female that would stick with me like you did. You really been down for me, even after what I put you through. I really didn't think I'd let anyone in since my grandma died, but I was wrong. I.." He paused for a second collecting his thoughts. He hasn't opened up like this in a while.

"I love you Monique. I really do. I love you for staying with me. I love you for never giving up on me. I love you for giving me such a precious gift. I love you for being so loyal to me, I just love you." He said.

Monique was looking down so Micheal couldn't really tell her emotions.

"Monique,"

She started sniffling so Micheal knew she was crying. The pregnancy has had her pretty emotional lately.

"Sorry, I just. I love you to Micheal." She said looking back up at him.

"Can you continue to hold me down?" He asked.

She laughed a little. "That's not what I've been doing?"

"To hold me down you have to be my ride or die. You gotta be down for whatever, whenever. " Micheal said.

Monique looked into his eyes beautiful hazel eyes and smiled. "Baby I'll forever be Holding You Down."

Little did Monique know, she'd soon regret those words.

...

Aww! I can't believe Holding You Down is over.

I know I totally suck at epilogues, but remember this is my first time writing one. So chill on me! Lol.

Thank you to everyone who has been voting, reading, and commenting. You guys are the best!

Get your questions in because next chapter is the reunion! I'll start writing that in a few days. Just inbox me the questions and they will be answered during the reunion.

Questions are being accepted for all characters except the dead ones of course.

Thanks for all the love and support!

-Dream2Reality ❤