Chapter One.

Another twelve hour shift in the factory is coming to a close. If Damien could get the pay he's getting without doing any work he would gladly do it. This $12/hour isn't worth it anymore. Yeah he's a young guy but all of the countless hours of being on his feet, bending down, and lifting are taking a toll on his body. The khaki uniform and steel toe boots isn't a good look either but if this job will help him get his own place that's what it's gonna be.

Another evening at the Hamilton House and Normani is absolutely bored with it. The recent graduate decided to take some time off after graduation and she decided to come home. But quickly she realized that it was a mistake. While she was away at Grambling she got to cut loose and live her best life without her parents dictating, specifically her father. At school Normani was just Normani, but when she's home she's Normani Kordei Hamilton, daughter of Andrea Hamilton and Derrick Hamilton, heir to the Hamilton Fortune.

Granted Normani loves her family but she doesn't love the labels that comes along with being a Hamilton.

The siren went off and that signaled the end of the shift. Damien stacked his last box and took off his gloves. "You ready to clock out man?" Timmy asked.

"Yeah man let's go." Damien said.

He took off his gloves and stuck them in his back pocket. Timmy had grabbed Damien's lunch box out of the break room and handed it to him. They started heading out of the factory when the supervisor was standing on top of loft machine.

"Before you ladies and gentlemen go home I have an announcement to make. Due to recent budget cuts some of you won't be returning to work tomorrow. Now I apologize in advance and if there was a way for me to keep all of you here I'd do it. Y'all are the hardest working group of people I've ever met and again I'm sorry. So when I call you name come get you last check and go home to your family."

Everyone looked around with concerned looks on their faces. There was a lot of "I need this job." And "I gotta keep a job because it's apart of my parole." And there was a whole lot of "My bills aren't gonna pay themselves." Damien was in the I need this job category. He's been saving up for a new car because the one he has is slowly dying on him.

"Damien Ashmore and Timothy Sutton."

"Timmy getting fired?" Timmy asked.

Damien walked up to his supervisor and got his last check along with his pink slip. The only people left standing were the people who had been there longer than Timmy and Damien had. Timmy had been at the factory for a year while Damien only had six months under his belt. Timmy and Damien walked out side to their cars and Timmy kicked his tire out of frustration.

"This is bullshit man. I was close to a promotion and then I get fired. This ain't right man." Timmy said.

"I really don't wanna hear my mom's bitching when I go home, man. The last thing I need is her tearing me down about not keeping a job." Damien said.

Timmy took his pack of Black and Milds out of his pocket and put one in his mouth. He held the pack up for Damien and he took one. "Say man what happened to that big headed girl your were messing with?" Timmy asked.

"Justine?" Damien asked.

"Yeah that one." Timmy said.

"We just stopped talking. It was more of a friends with benefits type thing. She gets what she wants, I get what I want, no feelings attached." Damien said.

Damien lit his black and mild then got into his car, he had to pump the gas a few times before staring it up. "Dame, just get a new whip bro." Timmy said.

"I would love to Timmy but you know how my money situation is." Damien said.

"Just ask your pop for a new car." Timmy said.