Chapter Twenty-Nine.

After nearly getting his brains splattered all over the interior of his truck, Damien knew he had to get out of New Orleans for awhile. Luckily he didn't have to go to New York alone. Derrick suggested that everyone pack up and got to New York with Damien for a little getaway. Derrick even invited Ron and Gwen to join them.

It was great idea, the state of Louisiana is a mess because the feds are trying to find Rod and his boys. Plus Ron and Gwen are still grieving the the loss of the kids. So some time away will definitely do everyone some good. DJ was super happy because he gets to spend some time with his favorite people. Derrick sees how happy DJ is with the family and he's making plans to make this arrangement more permanent.

Today is the day Damien has to do the photo shoot for the Ivy Park men's line. He's extremely nervous about it, he's never done anything like this before. But life is all about learning and experiencing new things. But Damien is a little bit excited about doing the photoshoot though. Especially since Noelle is gonna be watching.

Damien packed his bag of clothes and put his bag on. He walked out of his room and went across the hall and knocked on the door. Ron answered the door and smiled slightly, "You ready son?" He asked.

"I was about to ask you the same." Damien said.

"Yeah I'm ready, let's go. I don't want you to be late." Ron said.

Damien stuck his head in the room and looked at Gwen, "Would you like to come?" He asked.

"No thank you, Andrea and I are supposed to go out. Have fun though." Gwen said.

"Yes ma'am." Damien said.

Ron grabbed his coat put it on as he headed out of the room. Damien went down the hall and walked into the Hamilton's suite. DJ hopped off the couch and ran over to Damien. Damien picked him up and kissed his cheek, "I ready." DJ said.

"That's good buddy." Damien said.

Noelle came around the corner with DJ's bag and kissed Damien on the lips. "Ready?" She asked.

"Mmhm, let's go, the car is waiting for us downstairs." Damien said.

"Good luck today boyfriend." Barbara said.

Damien walked over to Barbara and kissed her on the cheek. "I'll make you proud mama." He said.

"Have fun DJ." Derrick said.

"Bye dada." DJ said.

Damien grabbed DJ's booster seat and headed downstairs. Damien properly secured the booster seat in the car and put DJ in it. Once everyone was in the driver took Damien to the photoshoot location. On the way there Damien started drawing a potential tattoo. Since Laila loved The Princess and the Frog Damien was thinking off getting something like that tatted on him in memory of Laila.

While Damien's here in NYC he's definitely gonna get the tattoo he came up with for his mom tatted on his side. He finally drew a sketch that he was happy with now he's gonna make it permanent.

When they arrived at the studio they got out of the car and headed inside. As soon as Damien walked inside Beyoncé was waiting on him. "My favorite couple is back." She said.

Beyoncé wrapped her arms around Damien and Noelle and gave them a hug. DJ was standing beside Damien hugging his leg. "Who is this extremely handsome young man?" Beyoncé asked.

"This is my baby brother." Noelle said.

Beyoncé kneeled down and held out her hand, "I'm Beyoncé, what's your name handsome?" She asked.

"Dewwick Junior, but I like DJ." He said.

"It's so nice to meet you DJ." Beyoncé said.

DJ giggled and buried his face in Damien's calf. Ron stood there completely speechless, he was actually meeting Beyoncé Knowles. As he looked at her he wondered why in the hell Jay-Z would cheat on a beautiful woman like her. After everyone got acquainted Damien got rushed into the fitting room. Ron, Noelle, and DJ stood off to the side.