Chapter Thirty-One.

"This man better be on time." Normani thought to herself as she pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant.

The family made it back to New Orleans and got right back into the hustle. Damien's working on his art exhibit and doing the YouTube thing. Derrick took Kimberly to court and won full custody of DJ. Derrick has connections all over the place and he used them to gain full custody of his son. Noelle is interviewing employees for her business and Normani is doing the usual.

Arin has finally worked up the nerve to come clean to Normani. So they're meeting at Damien's grandparents restaurant to talk. Normani walked in and took a seat at the booth in the back but she was facing the door so she could see who was coming in. Timmy was grabbed a menu and headed over to the table. "What brings you this way?" Timmy asked.

Normani looked up and rolled her eyes. "I'm meeting someone here, what's your excuse?" She asked.

"I work here. Bus boy, waiter, dishwasher, line cook, you name it, I do it all." Timmy said.

"Good for you." Normani said.

Timmy licked over his lips and shook his head, "What can I get for you to drink?" He asked.

"A sweet tea...please." Normani said.

"A sweet tea with an attitude readjustment, got it."  Timmy said.

Normani rolled her eyes as Timmy walked off. Timmy went in the back and fixed her drink. He came back out and sat in front of her. "There you go little Miss Bourgeois, are you ready to order?" Timmy asked.

"A new waiter would be lovely." Normani said.

Arin came in and sat in front of Normani, he looked up at Timmy and asked, "May I have a Sprite please?"

"I got you. I'll be right back with your drink." Timmy said.

Timmy winked at Normani on low before he walked off. Normani got a little frustrated but Timothy loved it, getting on her nerves could be fun. He came back with Aaron's drink and took their orders. "It's nice seeing you again." Arin said.

"Likewise. What's kept you away all this time and don't lie." Normani said.

"Being a dad and trying to save the family business. That's part of the reason I wanted to meet with you today." Arin said.

"What's going on with your business?" Normani asked.

"Problems but it's nothing I can't handle." Arin said.

Normani nodded and sipped on her drink. Arin planned on coming clean to Normani about everything but he wanted to make sure she had some food in her stomach first. Timmy went back to the kitchen and got their order. As Timmy was placing their dishes on the table he could help but notice how weak Arin's waves were. His line-up was weak, his waves had no connections and his juice line was busted.

"Enjoy." Timmy said.

Arin and Normani wasted no time diving into their meal. Once they were done eating Normani was in a very pleasant mood.

"How was New York?" Arin asked.

"It would've been better if I got to meet Beyoncé." Normani said.

"Aww I know that hurts." Arin said.

"Mmhm. But her and my twin are besties now. She's even planning the gender reveal and baby shower for my future niece or nephew." Normani said.

Arin smiled a little, "That's dope." He said.

"Whatever. Now what did you have to tell me?" Arin asked.

Timmy shook his head as he busted the table across from Normani. Jealously is such an unattractive trait.