Chapter Four.

Have you ever had one of those days were it seemed like everything was going wrong? Like from the moment you woke up something went wrong and that set the course for the rest of your day. If you haven't had a day like that you're a liar.

Damien is having one of those days but his troubles started yesterday. Yesterday his car put him down on the way to work and he ended up being late. Derrick got mad at him for not being on time. While he was finishing the shingles on the pool he lost his balance and feel off. Luckily all he had was a bruised elbow and no broken bones.

When he got home that evening he found out the AC unit had crashed and it was gonna cost a couple hundred dollars that Damien or his mom didn't have to get it repaired. They opened the windows in the house to get some form of relief but it didn't help. Damien was convinced that Louisiana was where the devil landed when he got kicked out of heaven. There was a brief glimmer of hope in the middle of the night. It started raining but that ended up being a problem.

After the storm it gotten really muggy outside and that made Damien even more irritable.

It's his off day and Damien has a few moves to make. He'd just gotten out of the shower and gotten dressed. It was definitely a shorts and tank top kind of day. While he was combing his brushing his hair he heard laughing coming from the dining room. He stepped out of his room and trekked down the hall. Damien's Mama was in the dining room sitting real close to a man.

"Ma who dis?" Damien asked.

She stopped laughing and looked at Damien, "This isn't how I planned on you guys meeting. Oscar this my son Damien, Damien this is Oscar, my boyfriend." She said.

Oscar stood up and extended his hand to Damien, "Pleasure to finally meet you, son. Your mother has told me a lot of great things about you." He said.

Damien looked down at his hand and looked up at him, "I ain't your son and don't act like you know me either." He said.

Lisa smacked Damien in the back of the head and sat down, "Show some damn respect." She said.

"Whatever Ma, why's he here anyway?" Damien asked.

"He fixes the AC for us. All it needed was some Freon." Lisa explained.

"How much?" Damien asked.

"I did it for free." Oscar said.

"Since when does a man do something for a woman and not expect something in return?" Damien asked.

Lisa rolled her eyes slowly, "Mind your business Damien. He agreed to fix the AC in exchange for a nice home-cooked meal." She said.

"There a Church's ten minutes from here." Damien said.

"Boy don't get smacked." Lisa said.

"Listen son your mother is a great woman and I didn't mind fixing the unit for her. She's made these past six months of my life the best I've ever had." Oscar said

Damien scoffed and chuckled a bit, "Y'all have been dating for six months? And I'm just now hearing about this why?" He asked.

"Because of how you're acting right now.." Lisa said.

"You know what, y'all can have this, don't expect me to be nice when you come around Oliver. I have things to do." Damien said.

"It's Oscar."

"That's what I said Otis." Damien said.

Damien rolled his eyes and went back down the hall to his room. He need some money and fast so he went into his collection of paintings and picked his best ones out. He had a Boyz In The Hood mural, Malcolm X, MLK, a Black Lives Matters mural he had done. He posted a video of them on his Snapchat asking if someone wanted to buy them.