Chapter Thirteen.

This was the worst thing Damien's ever experienced. Nothing in his life can top this. It's impossible for Damien to smile during this time. The woman that gave birth to him and raised him into the best man he could be is no longer here. How is he gonna make it through life without his mother?

The early twenties are a period of struggle and discovery in a persons life. You struggle with everyday life and decision making but in that you also discover who you are as a person, what you're made of. As you go through that you have that one person in your life that helps you navigate that turbulence and for Damien that person was his mama. She may have been tough on Damien at times but it helped him stay in line.

Life without Lisa is gonna be really hard.

When news of Lisa's death broke the entire community rallied around Damien. His relatives out of town dropped everything they were doing to be there for him. A long time ago made Lisa made her funeral arrangements, she didn't want her family to struggle with the arrangements when her time came. Everything was planned form the casket and dress she wanted all the way down to the musical selections she wanted.

It's been a rough couple of days but Damien is thankful he has Noelle by his side. Through all of this she kept him together but Noelle knows that eventually he's gonna break.

It's the day of the funeral and Damien is struggling to get it together. He's partially dressed and he's standing in front of the mirror trying to button his shirt. Usually buttoning a shirt takes less than a minute but he's been at it for about five. His hands were shaky and that was causing some problems. His nerves were beyond shot, he just couldn't deal what was happening.

Noelle was on her superwoman flow, she was helping Damien with the funeral and she was trying to keep herself together. She got to meet Lisa a few days before she passed and fell in love with her. It saddens Noelle that she didn't get more time with Miss Lisa. She went back into Damien's room to find him struggling to button his shirt. Damien let out a sigh and put his hands on his hips.

Noelle stood in front of him and began to button his shirt. She looked into Damien's eyes and see could see the defeat and sorrow looking back at her. Damien tucked in his shirt and fasteners his pants. Noelle grabbed his yellow necktie and tied it around his neck for him. She held up the vest and he put his arms through the holes, Noelle stood in front of him and buttoned the buttons. Damien held onto his chest because he felt a sharp pain go through it.

"You alright baby?" Noelle asked.

Damien took out a deep breath and nodded his head. Noelle nodded and helped him put on his blazer, she bottomed it up and dusted off his shoulders. "You look handsome." Noelle said.

Damien nodded and picked up the yellow flower off his dresser. Lisa loved the color yellow, she said yellow made her happy and it reminded her of positive things. So everyone in the family is gonna wear a yellow flower in honor of her. Noelle pinned the flower on the lapel of his blazer and held Damien's hand for moment. She closed her eyes and silently prayed for Damien. She prayed that God would give Damien the strength to make it through this day.

They were slightly behind schedule so they had to start moving. Damien's family walked outside and the people from the funeral home were there. They had a quick word of prayer and put the family into the family cars. Meanwhile at the church the mourners were already there. From front to back the church was filled with people that had been touched by Lisa's life.

Somehow Normani, Drea, and Barbara managed to get there early. Miss Drea was really going through it, Lisa and Drea were very close friends so Drea is taking the loss of her friend kinda hard. Normani is taking it hard too because this tragedy happened to someone that was close to her. The thought of losing Drea or Barbara scares the hell out of Normani and she doesn't wanna lose them anytime soon.