Chapter Thirty-Seven.

Date night.

Noelle finally took some time out to plan a date for her and Damien. She got caught up with work and she got sidetracked for a minute but she shifted her focus on spending time with Damien. Dinah thinks this is a surefire way to put the spark back in their relationship and Noelle thinks it's gonna work. She just hopes that Damien is receptive to it and willing to put in the work. Honestly Noelle wants to see him smile again.

Damien has no idea what Noelle has planned for him but that's kinda of the point. He had a therapy session earlier today and it was very good for him. Damien shared his feelings on his mourning process, how he felt as man, the doubt he has about he and Noelle's relationship, and him waiting to be on his own. Before Damien's world started to crumble he wasn't a fan of the therapy he just sat in the sessions uninterested, now he's open to it and actively participates.

This therapy session really got the wheels in Damien's head turning. He expressed how he felt that New Orleans wasn't home anymore and he wanted to get away for awhile and regroup. But he doesn't feel to sure about leaving Noelle. Tasha told him that he should leave for a little while and gather himself. He wouldn't have to worry about Noelle because her parents would be there for her. But out of respect for Noelle he's gonna talk to her first.

Then there was the discussion about leaving the nest. Damien has been ready to leave the nest since he and Noelle made love in New York the first time. He wants them to have their own space so they can raise their family and be own their own. But Noelle doesn't want to leave the nest, she always uses the break-in at Normani's and the baby as a crutch to stay there. If Noelle wants help with the baby Drea or Barbara cane come to her and Damien's place and help out. She doesn't need to be in the house the whole time.

All of these things need to be discussed and very soon.

Damien pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant and sat in the car for a minute. Noelle was sitting inside waiting for Damien to show up. She was excited for this date, maybe if things go right she'll get her ankles pointed to the ceiling, who knows? Damien took a minute to gather himself before going inside. Before he got out of the car the phone rang.

It was a private number and Damien already knew who it was.

"Hey Bey." He said.

Bey squinted, "How'd you know it was me?" She asked.

"You're the only private number that calls me that's why." Damien said.

Bey chuckled softly and smiled, "How's everything going down there?" She asked.

"It's pretty chill, nothing new. Honestly I don't wanna be here, I just wanna go away for awhile and clear my head." Damien said.

"Well do that. The longer you stay somewhere the more miserable you become." Bey said.

Damien nodded, "You're right...What's new with you?" He asked.

"Rehearsals, I'm doing a few surprise shows and I'll be in your city up." Beyoncé said.

"That's dope, you need anything?" Dame asked.

"No but you could come to New York and paint for awhile." Bey said.

"I'll think on that." Dame looked at his watch and noticed he was late. "Listen we can talk later I gotta meet Noelle."

"Alright, bye."

Dame got out of his car and walked into the restaurant. He looked around and spotted Noelle sitting by the window rubbing her belly. He walked over and kissed her on the cheek. "I'm not in trouble am I?" Dame asked.