Chapter Thirty-Three.

It's doesn't feel right without Damien being around. His smile and laughter brighten the place up but its been gloomy since he went away. Damien's meltdown was heartbreaking for everyone who witnessed it. Carrying all those burdens on him was becoming too much and he finally snapped. Seeing the ghosts of his deceased love ones sent him over the edge.

Now Damien's on a 72 hour psych watch and there three days are very crucial. If he does what he needs to do he'll be able to come home. If things don't work out, Damien maybe moved to a mental hospital for an extended period of time. Noelle is hoping that he'll cooperate and come home soon but she has a feeling Damien's gonna be stubborn and not cooperate.

At the hospital Damien was sitting in his dorm like room staring at the ceiling. There's no phone or tv in the room. Damien was allowed to bring on medium sized suitcase. His sneakers had to be slip on, no laces allowed. Be belts are allowed. Luckily Damien's been wearing joggers lately but his dad had to take the drawstring out of them before he turned Damien's stuff in.

Damien gets three meals a day. There's mandatory group therapy sessions. There's individualized therapy but Damien has got one on one time with a therapist yet. There's no phone calls or visits either. It feels like prison even though it's not.

It's a little after noon and Damien's eaten lunch and he's went to his group therapy. He ventured into his room and took a nap. The nap was interrupted by the nurses coming in to do their random contraband searches. They didn't find anything in Damien's room so they left him alone. Since Damien was allowed to have a sketchpad he did what he knew best, draw.

Little did he know his quiet time was about to be interrupted by a visit from the doctor. There was a knock on the door and Damien ignored it. In walked a short, bubbly Latina woman holding a memo pad under her arm. "Damien." She called out.

"Who's asking?" He asked.

"Yep I'm in the right place. I'm Dr. Hernandez, I'm here to do your evaluation." She said.

Damien looked up and shook Dr. Hernandez hand. She sat in front of his bed and opened her memo pad. "So you're an artist?" Ally asked.

"Yeah." Damien said quietly.

"What are you working on today?" Ally asked.

Damien shrugged, "I don't know, just a bunch of random ideas in my head." He said.

"From what I can see it looks like a representation if your thoughts. Organized chaos so to speak." Ally said.

"Yeah we can go with that." Damien said.

"So...tell me what the last few months of your life has been like." Ally said.

"Fell in love, lost my mom, got engaged, found out I'm gonna be a father, lost my brother and sister. The end." Damien said.

"Mmhm." Ally began writing notes on her memo pad. "Tell me about your mother. What kind of woman was she?" She asked.

Damien lifted up his shirt and pointed to the tattoo of his mother on his side. Ally was amazed at the artwork on Damien's side.

"She's was a beautiful woman. She was bit tough at times but she only wanted the best for me. Whenever I need a hug or some advice she was always there for me." Damien explained.

"Take me back to the day she died. Where were you?" Ally asked.

Damien sighed and started twiddling his thumbs, "I was on a plane back home from New York. I got invited to an art expo out there, I was happy to come home because my mama's birthday was coming up and I was gonna do something really nice for her. When we got to my fiancé's house my dad was there waiting on me..."