Chapter Twelve.

"He's perfect." Noelle said to herself.

That kiss that Damien and Noelle shared had both of them in the clouds. All of the little adventures and late night talks had led to that kiss. It may have seemed cliche to kiss in the rain in New York but neither one of them cared. Noelle has always had that little fantasy and Damien made it come true. This trip so far has been nothing short of amazing.

Damien was knocked out sleep and Noelle used that time to go buy him some presents. Damien is a simple guy and doesn't ask for much so this made shopping for him very easy. She hit up Footlocker and got him the newest pair of J's, a gold chain, a gold Cuban link bracelet, and a Polaroid camera. Noelle even got some gift wrapping paper and wrapped the presents in the bathroom while he was asleep. She came out of the bathroom and placed them at the foot of the bed.

Noelle snapped a picture of Damien while he was asleep and posted it on snap. She called up room service and ordered all of Damien's favorites for breakfast. Damien rolled over and pulled the covers over his head. Noelle chuckled softly and sat at the desk. This was the first Noelle left Normani alone and she was missing her twin, so she called her up.

Normani was in her office trying to gather herself before this big presentation she had to do. The call came through and Normani answered it through her Bluetooth earpiece.

"Hi Noelle.." Normani said dryly.

"Umm hello to you sister." Noelle said.

Normani left out a sigh and plopped down in her chair. "Sorry, this presentation has got me stressed out." She explained.

"You'll be fine, you were born for this shit." Noelle said.

"Why does everyone say that?" Normani asked.

"It's the truth. Daddy groomed both of us for the business but you're the one that was chosen for this not me." Noelle said.

Normani groaned and propped her feet up on the desk. Normani's assistant came in holding a bouquet of flowers and she placed them on the desk. Normani checked the card and they were from Arin. "He is really persistent.." Normani said.

"Arin?" Noelle asked.

"Yep, he just had flowers sent to my office." Normani said.

Noelle shook her head as she rub the hand sanitizer all over her hands. "Daddy probably pushed him up to it." She said.

"Noelle would you stop with that? Arin likes me because he likes me, not because daddy's pushing me up to it. Get that crazy idea out of your damn head." Normani said.

"Dad really has you thinking he has your best interest at heart. He's smiling in your face all the while he's pretty much selling you off to the highest bidder behind your back." Noelle said.

Normani squinted and stood up, "Noelle lay off of the fucking bottle. The only time you talk crazy like that is when you've been drinking." She said.

Derrick walked by Normani's office and had to do a double take. "If the purpose of this phone call was to get me off of my game before this presentation you failed miserably. Instead of worrying about me you need to worry about getting sober and stop chasing that little event planner dream of yours becsuse it's not gonna happen. Goodbye." Normani said before abruptly ending the call. 

Derrick leaned against the wall and cleared his throat. "You alright princess?" He asked.

"I'm fine daddy, just had to deal with some foolishness. I'm fine now." Normani said.

"Listen your sister is jealous of you. Don't let her or her little ramblings get to you. You're special and I don't want you to forget that." Derrick said.