Chapter Forty.

"I'm finna get married." Damien sang as he got dressed.

The day that Noelle and Damien had been preparing for had finally come. Today is the day they get to take that stroll into forever. It's taken a lot to get here but neither one of them would trade this journey for anything. Everything that Damien and Noelle has been through bought them closer together.

Damien dancing in front of the mirror while he's putting his tux on. Part of it was excitement the other part of it was nerves. Dancing is the only way he could keep his nerves together. DJ was sitting in the chair swinging his legs back and forth. DJ is one of the ring bearers for the wedding. The other one is KJ.

Kirk's baby mama found out pregnant she was pregnant around the time Noelle found out she was expecting. A week after Noelle gave birth KJ or Kirk Jr. was born. At first the family had doubts about the baby being Kirk's so they got a DNA test and the baby is his. The older KJ gets the more he looks like his father. And now KJ get to be apart of Dame and Noelle's wedding.

Timmy knocked on the door before walking in. "Look at my homie about to get married." He said proudly.

"Yeah, it's about that time." Damien said.

"You ready?" Timmy asked.

Damien nodded as he tucked his shirt in, "Yeah I'm ready man." He said.

"I'm ready to eat." DJ said.

Timmy chuckled and tossed DJ the bag of fruit snacks that was in his pocket. DJ smirked as he tore the package open and popped a few in his mouth. Damien's shirt collar was up and Timmy straightened it up for him. "Thanks T." Dame said.

"No problem man." Timmy sighed and smiled, "Whats got you grinning so hard man?" Damien asked.

"You. With everything you've been through this past year, the average joe would've thrown in the towel, but not you. Despite everything you lost you still kept it moving. You give sorry ass niggas like myself hope." Timmy said.

"Hey you ain't a sorry ass nigga. You've been the best friend that I've always wanted. Whenever I was down you picked me up, not once did you switch up on me." Damien said.

"That's what brothers do, man." Timmy said.

Damien nodded and gave Timmy a hug, Timmy pulled away and straightened his jacket up. The boys cracked a few jokes with each other before Ron came in holding KJ. As soon as KJ saw DJ it was over. DJ made room for his buddy in the chair and shared his snacks with him.

"You look sharp nephew." Damien said.

"Tank you Dawien." KJ said.

For some reason Damien's nerves kicked in when his father came in. His dad took the cuff links and put them on Damien's shirt. Ron stood in front of his son and tied his bow tie for him. By then Damien's nerves had subsided and he was able to put on his suspenders. Ron held the blazer up and Damien slid it on. After he put it on he looked in the mirror and checked himself out.

"The tailor fitted this perfectly." Ron said.

"Yeah he did his thing with this one. Can't wait until Noelle sees me in this. My baby loves it when I get all dressed up." Damien said.

Ron shook his head, "So when can I expect more grandchildren?" He asked.

"You're really enjoying this grandfather thing aren't you?" Damien asked.

"I do. Laila and KJ have really helped me deal with the loss of the kids..It's gotten easier but it still hurts you know. I won't get to see Kirk get married or walk Laila down the aisle..But...But I get to be here to witness this." Ron said.