Chapter Nine.

It's finally the weekend and Normani planned on relaxing. Since Derrick had to leave for a surprise business trip, everything fell into Normani's lap. But she had been groomed for this and she had the pressure beautifully. She awarded herself by sleeping in late and she's gonna award herself again by not going for a run. Normani took the bonnet off of her head and put her braids into a high bun.

She ran herself a nice hot bath and got in. Nothing like a hot bubble in the middle of the day to help you get your day started. As for Noelle her day started about an hour ago. She got up while everyone was asleep and went for a bike ride. Noelle tried to do the running thing but it wasn't for her, riding a bike is more of her speed. When she came back she parked her bike in the shed and quietly walked into the pool house.

Damien was asleep on the couch in his boxers with his headphones on. Noelle wasn't even bothered by the huge bulge that was resting in Damien's boxers. She sat in the coffee table and waited for Damien to wake up.

Damien could fell a presence in the room but it wasn't a harmful one. He opened his eyes and Noelle was sitting on the coffee table in front of him. "Good afternoon sleepyhead." She said.

"Morning." Damien sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. "You're actually up before me, that's a first." He said.

"Yeah it is. The temperature was just right outside and I decided to go for a bike ride." Noelle said.

"Nice. Do you still wanna roll with me to my dad's place?" Damien asked.

Noelle nodded, "Nah I think I'll stay here and work on the party planning." She said.

"You sure?" Damien asked.

"I'm sure. Besides I think that you and your father should spend some time together." Noelle said.

Damien sighed took off his durag, he really wasn't for spending time with his dad but since it's his birthday he'd oblige the old man. But Damien had this weird feeling in his gut that if he didn't go see his dad he's regret it down the road.

"Alright I'll go." Damien said.

"I wasn't giving you a choice, mister." Noelle said.

"Is that right?" Damien asked.

"Mmhm, get to it mister. When you come back I'll spank that ass at 2K for the onetime." Noelle said.

"Hey the only reason you won the last time is because I sneezed when I shot the ball and Harden's big ass got the rebound and hit a buzzer beater." Damien said.

"Alright big fella. Have fun with your dad, less talking and more listening, and try to have a good time with him." Noelle said.

"Yes ma'am."

Damien got up and walked into the bathroom. Noelle looked at Damien's Black Panther boxers and laughed. She went back in the house and got a bottle of water out of the fridge. Lately Noelle's been full of energy, she's chosen water over alcohol and keeping her mind busy over popping pills. Today marks two weeks into her sobriety journey and she thinks she can keep the momentum up.

Normani walked outside and went into the pool house. Damien had finished up his shower and was getting out. Her wrapped the towel around his waist and came out but when he saw Normani he yelled.

"Sorry!" Normani apologized.

Damien's towel dropped to the floor and he was fully exposed. Normani raised her eyebrow and bit her lip. Damien slowly picked his towel up and walked backwards into the bathroom. He put on his clean boxers then came out. "You know you should announce yourself before walking into a room." Damien said.