And Now There's... Wait, What?

Rage carried Specter on his back as the group walked through the halls of Specter's mind. Kid Flash spoke, "Okay, what exactly are we doing?"

Shadow answered him, "Letting him out."

Aqualad looked confused, "But who is he, and what does he have to do with all of this?"

Static mentally sighed, "You'll find out soon enough."

The heroes were going to keep asking questions but when the four stopped in front of a door they were quiet. They were black double doors like the ones from before but they had silver parts at the edges where the hinges were. Another thing that was different was that these doors had chains on them, it looked like someone really didn't want anyone to open the door.

Cross stared at it for a second before he walked up to it and grabbed the chains before he started breaking them. After a minute or two all of the chains were broken and Cross opened the door, Rage followed him. Shadow and Static were right behind the two, the heroes trailed in last and they were stunned.

There was another version of Specter sitting on the floor, it was dark in the room so they weren't sure if there even was a floor. He was chained up and from the looks of it he wasn't getting out of those chains any time soon. This version of Specter had black hair and blue eyes like he did before he became a ghost.

He wore a jacket but it was unzipped, it had white flames on the bottom half and he wore a black shirt under it. He wore black pants, a white belt, black fingerless gloves, and black boots with small chains on them. He looked at the four other versions of Specter and smirked, "Hi guys, it's been a while."

The heroes stared at the new version of Specter and right as Batman was going to talk he cut him off. "Not to sound rude but what the fuck are you doing here?"

Cross answered him by pointing at Specter and he looked at the unconscious teen, "Oh, that's not good."

Cross walked over to him and broke the chains, he looked like he was going to protest but one look from Cross shut him up. Once the chains were gone he stood up and stretched a little before he crossed his arms, "Someone explain, now."

Rage mentally sighed, "As you might have noticed, he's in pretty bad shape at the moment, his minds literally falling apart."

He laughed, it sounded a bit like Specter's deranged laugh, "And what do you expect me to do, I can't help!"

Rage glared at him, "That's bullshit and you know it."

He rolled his eyes and put his hands in the pockets of his jacket, "How, exactly, is that a lie?"

"You've been around longer then any of us, you're the reason that this didn't happen until now."

"And look how that turned out, the only thing I did was slow it down but he kept getting worse. I was locked up for a reason, this place will just fall apart even faster if you let me out."

That seemed to be the last straw but not for Rage, Cross looked pissed and he grabbed the front of his shirt. He put his hands up in surrender, "Holy shit Cross, what the hell pissed you off?"

Cross's glare turned ice cold and he froze, "Okay, I yield, just calm down!"

Cross let him go and the new version of Specter put his hands down before looking at Rage, "Follow me."

Rage followed him out of the room and the other three were right behind him, the heroes decided to just follow them and ask questions later. They followed until he stopped at a door and opened it, they ended up in a large empty room. He mentally sighed, "Put him there."