3: (Science) Partners

"Now that you've already formulated plans for this project," The science teacher paused for dramatic effect, "I must tell you that you are required to work with a partner."

The entire class groaned. Surprisingly, it was a class of people who preferred to work alone. Of course, everyone went a found a friend quickly and started planning fairly quickly. Which left Nico alone, seeing as how he had no friends in the class.

"But I wanna work with Will!" Kayla whined.

"Why, so you can get out of doing any work?" Cecil questioned with an eyebrow raise.

"Yes. Duh. Don't act like you wanna work with him for any other reason either." Kayla countered.

"You two work together, I'm working with Nico." Will said suddenly. He walked to Nico despite the two's protests and plopped himself down next to him.

"Hello?" Nico greeted confusedly, already seeming to have plans down for the project.

"Hi. I'm your partner." Will stated bluntly. Nico looked even more confused.

"I can work just fine on my own, thank you. You can work with your friends." Nico claimed. He said it a bit like he didn't want to be pitied. Which he didn't, though saying something like that usually earns more pity.

"Actually, I can't," He gestured to Kayla and Cecil, who seemed to already be arguing, "They're already partnered, and you're the last one left alone. We have to have a partner, remember?"

Nico groaned. "Fine. I can do most of the work, if you're the lazy type. Just let me know now, so I don't get my hopes up of you actually helping."

"Excuse you, I'll do half of the work, just like I should. Give me your number." Will held his phone out to Nico, the contacts app already open, underneath the table. They weren't supposed to have phones out in the first place, after all.

"What? Why?"

"So we can make plans for when to work on it?" Nico slowly took Will's phone and entered his number, putting his name simply as "Nico." Will'd change that later, of course.

"Awesome. So, I see you've already got plans set." Will continued when he got his phone back.

"Yes. Now, first things first..." They spent the rest of the period working, getting a good bit of the project finished already. Meanwhile, Kayla was yelling at Cecil about destroying something. So Will was content with his decision.

A/N someone viewed (comment if you see this) so I updated. Truthfully, I've six chapters done. But i'm gonna space out when I upload.