23: Consensual Kidnapping

"Hey mom? If Nico wanted to live with us, could he?" Will got Nico's text, a picture of his pantry, and went right to Naomi.

"Of course, any of your friends are free to live here. Why?" Naomi tilted her head to the side, something both she and Will did when interested.

"He sent me this," Will showed her the picture of the small amount of food, "That's all he and his sister can eat. His sister already basically moved in with her boyfriend. He gets punished if he eats anything outside of this."

Naomi didn't need a lot of convincing. "Tell him to pack whatever he needs in his backpack for school tomorrow. We'll pick him up after school and he'll live with us. If his bastard of a dad doesn't care enough to feed him properly, he won't care if he doesn't come home." Naomi, being a very nice and sweet woman, can be terrifying when commanding, even more so when swearing someone out. Will grinned, texting Nico.

And it went as planned. Nico showed up to school the next day with a backpack stuffed with clothes, among other things like a phone charger, framed picture, and some sort of stuffed animal.

"You really don't have to do this. I can deal with dad." Nico implored, "It's really alright."

"Nope. We've officially kidnapped you, sweetie. You're livin' with us. And know that you're free to eat anything in the house. Unless there's alcohol in it." Naomi told him. She used the phrase "kidnapped" for a reason, believe it or not. She'd typically, for any of Will's other friends, say "adopted." But she noticed that maybe the two were more than friends. And it'd just be weird if she phrased it different.

"Thank you." Nico told her. He finally glanced at Will, who was straight up staring at him. Well, I mean, there was nothing straight about it. They both blushed and looked away.

"No need to thank me. I had to do somethin'."

A/N I think y'all'll like what I have coming next :)