9: Dinner

"So, Nico, what are you hoping to get into when you're older?" Apollo asked as they started to eat.

"Probably something to do with forensics." Nico shrugged. He then glanced at Kayla confusedly, whispering to Will, "Does she always have dinner with your family?"

"Nico." Will whispered back.

"What?"

"Kayla is my sister. She lives with us." He said obviously.

"Oh. Okay, well, I didn't know that."

"Will, how's rehearsals been going?" Naomi interrupted. Will absolutely lit up, which was absolutely not at all cute to Nico. Not cute at all.

"Amazing! Everyone's loving how I play him, and it's so much fun. I can just go as over the top and weird as I want, because the character is mad you know, and-sorry, I'll shut up now." Will talked passionately, and then stopped dead in his tracks. Nico noted how he went from excited to almost guilty in seconds.

"What play are you doing?" Nico asked, purely to get an answer and totally not to see Will's face light up again. Sure enough, Will got this goofy grin on his face.

"Alice in Wonderland! I play the mad hatter, it's amazing. My costume isn't finished but so far there's spools of thread in this sorta sash and... yeah. It's cool." His voice sort of faded out yet again. Apollo cleared his throat.

"Where are you from, Nico? You don't sound like you're from here." Apollo asked.

"Italy, originally. My family moved here when I was ten." Nico stated. Will silently cheered; that was a good damn fact.

"Surprising that you still have an accent, then. Aren't those supposed to disappear after a few years?" Kayla questioned. Nico shrugged.

"It may be because I still occasionally speak italian. I don't know that accents ever completely disappear, though."

"Huh." Conversation continued, though blandly, through dinner. Will didn't learn much more about Nico, though that was fine. He got what he needed and he could be done with the boy.