11: Not So Different

"Looks like we're almost done. You'll be done with the experimenting by next time we meet?" Nico nodded, "And I'll be done with the writing. Perfect."

"Done ahead of schedule as well. We have no reason to meet after next time, right?" Nico asked. He glanced around at the room, something he hadn't thought to do before. It was a pretty average room, a few posters put up around on the walls, a desk and bed. There was a guitar and ukulele sitting on stands in the corner; the guitar looked about average, brown and acoustic. The ukulele was a bit more personalized, yellow with a black sun design around the sound hole. It was an, admittedly, pretty design; the yellow wasn't overly bright or eye bleeding and the sun was a good combination of complex and simple.

"Nah, I don't think so." Will responded. Nico looked at all the posters, and then started staring at one.

"You listen to Panic! At The Disco?" He asked, surprised. Will nodded.

"Yeah, one of my favorite bands. Girls/Girls/Boys is amazing, one of my favorite songs of all time." Will obsessed. Nico was awful tempted to ask about the fact that that song was mainly about being gay or bi, but decided against it.

"I didn't peg you as an emo fan." Nico looked around more, seeing posters for similar bands.

"Well I first found Panic from a youtuber I watch, she did a ukulele cover of Miss Jackson and got me hooked. I've learned a few of their songs on ukulele myself too." Will explained with a smile.

"Interesting. Panic's, I think, my second favorite band." Nico waited to see if Will would or could guess his first favorite.

"Is your first favorite MCR?" Will asked, a bit jokingly.

"Close, it's actually Set It Off."

"Oh, I've heard a song from them. Sounded pretty cool, I didn't really bother with listening to any more. Should I?"

"Yes. Absolutely." Nico suddenly looked a lot less cold. He seemed more human to Will, now that he had a favorite something, an interest.

Nico actually felt something towards Will, and though it was nothing more than a feeling of friendship, it was a surprise. Will didn't seem as foreign as he did. He didn't seem as completely different, an opposite. He seemed overly happy and friendly, sunshine-y. But if he listened to the same bands as Nico, he couldn't be as different as he seemed, could he?