6: First Meeting

"And how far into the experimenting did you get? Having any issues?" Will was on his laptop, typing as Nico got an outline for the board done.

"Far enough. I'll be finished by the time I need to be, and that's what's important. We can print out what you have typed, paste it on, and be done for the day." Nico responded coldly.

"Alright. It might be a bit long, you should edit what I've down. Feel free to take out whatever you need. I'll get the printer going." Will placed his laptop onto Nico's lap and stood up, walking to his printer. It was an older one and didn't get as much use as it could, but it was functional.

"Something's scratching at your door." Nico stated. They were quiet for a moment and, sure enough, something was scratching at Will's bedroom door. Will grinned as he opened the door to a very large and excitable golden retriever. The dog paid little attention to Will, instead going to attack Nico.

"King, don't kill him." Will laughed as Nico was absolutely overwhelmed by the dog. Nico couldn't help but smile as he was covered in kisses from the dog.

"Alright, that's enough. King, out." Will commanded. The dog left the room. And then immediately came back in, tail wagging. Will sighed, but was still smiling.

"You named your dog King?" Nico questioned, wiping the slobber off his face.

"Well we were gonna name 'er Bailey, but we kinda all just decided that King was cooler." Will pet the dog, attempting to keep it's tail from knocking something over.

"You named your female dog King? Why not Queen? Or literally anything else?" Nico asked incredulously.

"Because fuck gender roles. King is just more powerful. Sounds it, at least. Plus, she's too stupid to have a name as elegant as Queen." Nico looked a bit offended for the dog. "It's a dog. I don't think I hurt her feelin's. She knows I love her anyway."

"COME HERE, KINGY!" Kayla shouted. King was gone in seconds.

A/N if you think that I didn't name the dog after myself then you are simply incorrect. I would've named it after someone else but I couldn't find a super great way of doing so but eh.