13: Lunch

"Will, I think you're the most feminine man I know. You're basically female." Kayla brought up casually.

"Yeah, well, you know the ladies love a man they can relate to." Will responded. There was a pause, and then everyone burst out laughing. Nico was very confused.

"What? What's the joke?"

"I'm gay as hell is the joke. And if you're a homophobe, you're gonna have to leave." Will explained once he could properly talk again. Nico shook his head quickly.

"No, I'm not homophobic. I just thought I've seen you around with a girlfriend before?" That seemed to strike a nerve as everyone instantly sobered. Will looked wildly uncomfortable, fiddling with something that looked something like a cube.

"Yeah. We don't talk about that." Kayla stated, suddenly looking a bit more protective of Will than she just did.

"Will, look at me. It's aight, aight?" Austin assured. Will looked at him, shaking his head and running his hands through that sun-blonde hair.

"Yeah, no, I know. Sorry. I'm alright. Nico, favorite song of all time?" Will quickly changed the subject. He looked about normal, though his leg was bouncing under the table and he was still fidgeting. The whole group knew this; Kayla, Lou Ellen, Cecil and Austin knew this because it's happened before. Nico knew because he was right next to Will, though he didn't really get why and wasn't willing to ask.

"Probably N.M.E. by Set It Off. Listen to it if you haven't, it's a great song." Nico answered.

"I've heard it, it's pretty good. Don't think you'd like it, Will." Kayla told him. Will looked like he accepted that.

"I think you should listen to it. It's got a great beat, I love the beginning." Nico stated, staring Kayla down, though he was addressing Will. Kayla rolled her eyes.

"Stubborn. I like it. Really though, Will, I don't think you'd like it. I can explain later."

A/N oooo spooky what's up with Will????????? jk. I know what's up with Will. I've his past completely mapped and thought out. It might be triggering, but I'll have trigger warnings at the beginning of every chapter that needs it.

Also, just to let you know, I have 25 steps planned for this. Some steps will be one chapter, some will take several, not to mention all the filler in-between. And that's just the plans I have currently; I can always have ideas and add or get rid of steps. I'm only saying this to let y'all know that I do have a somewhat solid plan for this. Alright sorry for the super long A/N