32: Awake

Everyone was sleeping fine. Well, who those who were sleeping were sleeping fine. Nico and Will were cuddled up together, Apollo and Naomi slept as they always did.

And then there was Kayla.

Kayla, like any teenage girl, was awake. This wasn't new but what was new was the benefit of her being awake at such an ungodly hour.

"FIRE!" A voice resounded throughout the house. It was plenty loud for Apollo and Naomi to hear and be woken up from, both of which that woke up from the noise. Nico and Will's room was practically sound-proofed, though, something added when Will started blasting music.

Apollo and Naomi were awake and alert, aware of what Kayla was talking about.

"WILL!" Kayla shouted at the two. It only took a moment for him to look at, and glare at, her.

"Fire, idiot." Kayla told him. And then she bolted down the stairs. Will shook Nico awake, grabbing his hand and his own phone before sprinting out of the room.

"What's happening?" Nico muttered groggily.

"Fire, lets go." Will tugged Nico's hand but Nico seemed to be running back into the room.

"The fuck?" Will followed Nico in, watching as Nico rushed around the room.

"Just go!" Nico shouted at him.

Will did not.

Nico was grabbing seemingly random items; his phone, of course, but also a framed picture and something else. He moved quickly.

"We don't have time for this!" Will told him. He turned to leave the room but found flames in front of him.

"Alright im-shit!" Nico saw the flames now too. People outside were shouting for them and Will made a split-second decision.

He grabbed onto Nico.

Rushed to the, thankfully, open window.

And took Nico with him as he jumped.