27: Normalcy

Tw: (bad) description of a panic attack. This chapter is mostly unimportant and can be skipped if you don't want to or read that. If you do, tell me how realistic it is because I wouldn't know; I've never had one

"No. Why would I? Oh, that's funny. You've developed a sense of humor since you stabbed me. Oh, of course you are. No. Mainly because I'm gay." Will was on a phone call with someone that Nico didn't know. Someone Nico hadn't even heard of, actually. "We've had this conversation enough, okay? Would you get off your bullshit? No. No. Stop calling me. I know what you're doing, dumbass! It's a different fucking number every time! No! I know you're not good at listening to the word but no! Fuck off!"

Will had hung up on whoever it was and sat down on his bed, head in his hands. He obviously hadn't noticed Nico in the doorway of his, or, their room. Nico was living with them now, and they never bothered to make or get a second bed for Nico.

"Who was that?" Nico asked. Will jumped, grabbing his chest, obviously startled.

"No one." Will told him. Will didn't look okay, truthfully. His leg was bouncing and he seemed to be shaking slightly, but Nico was a distance away from him, so maybe that wasn't happening. Will stood up, grabbing some fidget toy from a drawer and sitting back down, seeming to focus all his attention on that fidget.

"You sounded a bit too pissed for it to be no one." Nico prodded. Will sighed.

"It actually is no one. If we could drop it, that'd be nice."

"Will, tell me what's wrong and I can help you." Nico sat down next to Will, a concerned look on his face.

"You can help by dropping the subject and distracting me." Will stated strongly. "And opening the window." He said a bit quieter. Nico was instantly up, opening the window before sitting back down by Will.

"Hey, hey, It's okay. It's okay." Nico hugged Will, having little idea as to what to do. Will flinched from him. Holding onto Will, Nico could feel how much Will was shaking.

"Hey, breathe. Take deep breaths and breathe." Nico told him. Will started doing so, though it didn't seem to actually help much.

"Just talk to m-me. Distract me." Will told him quietly.

Will definitely looked different than he normal did. He looked almost, no, absolutely scared. Nico didn't like the sight much.

So Nico talked to him. And they talked. And talked. For as long as it took for Will to feel okay, or close to it, again.

"I can explain eventually, okay? But I can't now. Not yet." Will told Nico almost shamefully. Nico nodded as he held tight onto Will.

"Okay. That's okay. Don't feel pressured."