42: kfc

tw: mention of abuse

"What's your favorite color?" Will asked Nico, sitting down at a booth in the kfc.

"Black. Or the colors of your eyes." Nico answered instantly, "What about you?"

"Red. Because I'm basic. And aww, that's so cute and romantic." Will smiled. Their food was called at Nico went and got it for them.

"This is the most romantic date in the world." Nico joked. Will chuckled, already starting to eat.

"Yes. The most romantic." Will told him. They sat in silence for a bit, just eating.

"You don't have to answer, obviously, but what happened to your back?" Nico asked Will suddenly. Will looked startled for a moment, not expecting the question.And then he was unreadable, yet again.

"Asshole I used to date had a thing for whips. And then later decided to stab me." Will responded dully.

"And you weren't into that? Whips?" Nico questioned. Will scoffed.

"Absolutely not. Fucking hurts like hell."

"So why didn't you just say no when she wanted to do it to you?And why'd she stab you?" Nico was still eating, but Will wasn't. He seemed to have lost his appetite, instead fidgeting with something.

"I did. And because she's crazy. I think she was planning on making it an X, not just the weird slash. She would've, too, if Kayla didn't walk in and tackle the bitch." Will stared Nico in eyes, still completely unreadable.

"Will, that's-"

"Abuse? Terrible? Painful? Yeah. Got any more questions about my dark past?" Will spat.

"So that's who you were on a phone call with. Who caused a panic attack. Why can you talk about it now? And couldn't before?"

"Hell if I know. I think being with you has helped." Will shrugged.

"Has it?"

"Yeah. I mean, nightmares are a whole lot less frequent. Less stupid thinking." He explained.

"Huh."

"Yeah. Favorite animal?" Will changed the subject quickly.

"Cat. Hey, whatever happened to King?" Nico asked.

"Kayla had her. She's with whoever Kayla was staying with. Probably Lou Ellen. Can we get back to the hotel? I'm exhausted. Don't really feel like being in public." Will put his food in the box, saving it for later since he barely ate. Nico nodded.

"Yeah. Let's go."

A/N  I wouldn't typically do this, but all y'all need to follow @AkiraVale75 their fics are so amazing. And they dedicated a oneshot to me. More of, it was angsty as revenge for me being angsty. Still, go read their stuff.