8: Meeting A Parent

"Will!" Will's mom shouted up the stairs. Will sighed.

"Yeah?!" He responded. She walked into his room, hands on her hips. Nico, not knowing her at all, was slightly concerned.

"Now who is this?" She asked, gesturing to Nico. Nico remembered what Piper mentioned about not being as mean to him.

"I'm Nico, Will's friend. We're working on a project." Nico stated. Will looked a bit surprised at the use of the word "friend" from Nico.

"Well do tell me if you need anythin', dear. We've got a pantry full of food that you're free to steal from. Any friend of Will's is allowed to eat as much as they please here. Just as long as you don't destroy the pantry like Cecil did." She smiled, giving off a very homely vibe.

"Thank you, Mrs. Solace." Nico replied politely.

"Please, call me Naomi. Or mom, if you so please. Oh! Would you like to have dinner with us later?" Nico looked a bit wide-eyed, mainly at the concept of calling Naomi "Mom."

"Sure? I'll call my dad and ask him if I can." Nico pulled out his phone. After a quick conversation, he hung up.

"He says that I can so long as I get home by curfew. Thank you, Mrs- Naomi." He quickly corrected himself.

"No need to thank me. I'll call you down when it's ready." She gave another smile and was gone.

"You didn't have to say yes, you know. She's just overly kind." Will told Nico, genuinely confused that he'd want to have dinner with his family.

"It should be better than the dinner I typically have at home. If you don't want me there, I can tell your mom that I can't." Nico was about to let more out, but decided against. He barely knew Will and wasn't planning on getting any closer to him.

Will shook his head rapidly. "No, that's not it. I think it'll be interesting. No need to cancel." He said quickly. Maybe he'll get a better fact out of Nico at dinner.

A/N do you think the chapters are TOO short? Because I can start combining them. Currently, I try to make each chapter around a page long. I can double that, but I'll likely update less often. So longer chapters with less updating or stay as is?