15: Pay Attention

"Will."

"I'm okay."

"Like, you need to pay attention to the nurse, bub." Kayla told him.

"Lady nurse, yes, pay attention, sorry." Will looked back at the nurse, eyes closed. So, he more of just faced her a bit more.

"Does your head hurt?" The nurse asked. Will nodded slowly.

"Is hurting, yes."

"Eyes sensitive to light?"

"So what?" Will questioned, tilting his head to the side. He seemed to temporarily forget that his eyes were, in fact, sensitive to light. He opened his eyes, then closed his eyes quickly and nodded.

"Just keep them closed, buddy." The nurse wrote something down.

"K. Concussion?" Will asked. The whole group was in that small space, looking concerned. Nico was more in the corner, feeling awkward.

"How did this happen?" The nurse ignored his question.

"Excess hate." Cecil said vaguely. Will covered his mouth, looking like he was about to puke.

"Lady, pay attention to your patient." Austin pointed to him.

"I'm sorry." The nurse put a trash can under Will, which he puked in.

"Vagueness is unnecessary. He got hit with a book." Lou Ellen stated.

"Eh? Got hit with a book?" The nurse questioned, writing it down.

"Some idiot hit him in the head with a book, yes. Octavian is the kids name. He obviously has a concussion, let's get the shit to fix it." Nico stepped closer, now more in the group. Will ended up being given a tiny bit of pain medicine and told to relax.

A/N the title is a message to y'all. Pay attention in this chapter. I felt like adding a mystery to it so I did, lol. It's really easy to figure it out, it's like a short message. Comment when you've got it but don't tell the answer.

P.S. I'm really fuckin' hyped for what I'm writing now, it's great. I just finished chapter 18, for reference. I'm always 3 chapters ahead of what I post, it shall stay that way until the book is finished or I give up on it and randomly throw the chapters out here.