chapter 3 - School Hard

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Day One

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Snyder's Office

Snyder was lecturing Buffy, Brooke, Brady and a student named Sheila. "I say, 'think of me as your judge, jury and executioner'. Tell me, who do you think is the most troublesome student in this school? Well, it is quite a match between the four of you. On the one hand, Buffy, Brooke and Brady haven't stabbed a horticulture teacher with a trowel."

"I didn't stab anyone with a trowel," Sheila replied. "They were pruning shears."

"On the other hand, Sheila has never burned down a school building," Snyder told them.

"Well, that was never proven," Brooke told him. "The fire Marshall said it could've been mice."

"Mice?" Snyder repeated skeptically.

Buffy stammered nervously. "Mice that were smoking?"

"The four of you seem to be tied in the class cutting and fight starting events," Snyder told them. "You really are neck and neck here. It's quite exciting."

"What does the winner get?" Brady asked.

"Expelled," Snyder answered. They looked at him in shock. "Thursday is parent-teacher night. Your parents, assuming you have any, will meet your teachers, assuming you have any left. I've decided to put the four of you in charge of this event. You have three days to prepare the habitable place for adults. This will incur my good will. And may affected what I tell your parents when I meet them. Are we clear?"

"We're clear," Brady answered.

Buffy looked at Sheila. "Don't you feel clear?"

Sheila just looked at them.

Brooke looked at Snyder, nodding. "We're very clear."

"Good," Snyder told them. "Because you mess this time, and your parents will be coming to clean out your lockers."

Outside

The bell rang, releasing school. Buffy, Brady, Brooke and Sheila walked outside.

"Well, it shouldn't be that hard," Buffy told them. "We can work on the banners at lunch tomorrow and figure out refreshments then?"

"Yeah, sure," Brady answered. "Whatever."

Sheila walked away. "Hey, meatpie."

The rest of the Scoobies met up with the Summers siblings.

"Snyder's got you guys making party favors, huh?" Xander asked.

"His four worst students," Brooke told them. "That's what Mom sees when she looks at us. Sheilas."

Sheila kissed an older boy with long, blonde hair.

"Well, Sheila's definitely intense," Zoey told her. "That guy with her? That's the guy she can bring home to mother. She was already smoking in fifth grade. Once I was lookout for her."

Eric looked at Zoey. "You're bad to the bone."

"Oh, yeah, I'm a rebel," Zoey told them sarcastically.