chapter 4 - Inca Mummy Girl

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Day One

Day - Museum - Outside

There was a field trip to the museum today.

Outside the museum, the Scoobies were walking past the rose gardens toward the building.

"This is so unfair," Zoey told them.

"I don't think it's that bad," Willow told her.

"It's the Uber-suck," Buffy told her. "Layla could have at least warned you."

"Well, a lot of parents are doing it this year," Alice told them. "It's part of this whole culturla exchange magilla."

Brooke nodded. "The exhibit. The dance."

Willow smiled. "I have the best costume for the dance."

"Don't feel bad, Zoey," Carmen told her. "My parents have me and Cordelia living with an exchange student too."

"I think the exchange student program's cool," Brady told them. Zoey and Carmen gave him a look. "I do."

"Why not?" Eric asked. "It's a beautiful melding of two cultures."

"Have you ever done an exchange program?" Zoey asked.

"My dad tried to send me to some Armenians once," Xander told them. "Does that count?"

They walked up the steps to the building entrance and the cultural exchange exhibit, inside.

Inside

Cordelia and two other girls were looking over the pictures of the exchange students. "Ooh! There's mine and Carmen's. Sven. Isn't he lunchable? Carmen's and mine is definitely the best."

Cordelia walked past the Scoobies.

"What are you looking at?" Buffy asked.

"Pictures of our exchange students," Cordelia answered. "Look. 100% Swedish, 100% gorgeous, 100% staying at my house with me and Carmen. Zoey, how's yours? Visually, I mean."

"I don't know," Zoey told her. "Guy like?"

"By guy-like, we are talking big, beefy guy-like girl, right?" Brady asked.

"Zoey, Cordy and I have boy exchange students," Carmen answered.

Cordelia showed the picture to Carmen. "Here. That's the guy that's gonna be staying with us. But, Zoey, you didn't look at your exchange student first? He could be dogly. You live on the edge."

Cordelia walked away.

Eric looked at Carmen and Zoey. "Hold a second. So, these people who are living with you for two weeks are guys."

"With man parts," Brady told them.

"This is a terrible idea," Xander told them.

"What about what Eric and Brady said about the beautiful melding of two cultures?" Alice asked.

"There's no melding, okay?" Xander asked. "They better keep their parts to themselves."

Brooke smiled. "Zoey? Carmen? Don't you two just love how you two have protective brother figures in Xander, Eric and Brady?"