chapter 14 - Innocence

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Same Night - Day One

Night - Spike's Warehouse

The Judge was kneeling in a corner facing a bunch of storage racks.

Spike wheeled into view, stopping about 20 feet from him, pushing himself a few feet closer, turning around. "I'm not happy. Wyatt's friends are still alive. They know where we are. They know about the Judge. We should be vacating."

Drusilla walked up to him, taking his hand. "Nonsense. They'll not disturb us here. They're too smart to face the Judge again."

Bianca glanced over her shoulder toward Judge. "What's Big Blue up to anyway? He just sits there."

"I am preparing," Judge told them.

Bianca rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's interesting to me that 'preparing' looks a great bit like sitting on your ass." She walked closer, facing him. "When do we destroy the world already?"

"My strength grows and with every life I take, it will increase further," Judge explained.

"So let's take some," Bianca told him. "I'm bored."

Drusilla moaned in pain.

Spike looked at her. "Dru?"

Drusilla fell to the floor, beginning to cry. "Angel."

Spike rolled closer in concern. "Dru? What is it? Dru." The camera panned around to Dru's face. "Darling, do you see something?"

Drusilla's crying gave way to an evil smile.

Street

In the pouring rain, Zoey and Layla were making their way to safety after facing off with Judge and many vampires, stopping when they felt the same thing that Drusilla felt, having to pause, groaning in pain, but they didn't know what was happening or what it meant, confused because their fellow family gypsies hadn't been completely honest with them and hadn't told them everything.

Angel's Apartment

Carmen stirred in bed, reaching over for Angel, opening her eyes, suddenly wide awake when she didn't find him there, looking around, sitting up in bed. "Angel?"

Outside

Angel fell to the pavement, propping himself up on his hands. "Carmen." He couldn't hold himself up, falling to the ground, frightened. "Oh, no."

A hooker standing in a doorway saw him, slowly walking over to him. "Hey. You okay?" She leaned down to check on him. "You want me to call 911?"

Angel suddenly stood. When he didn't have his soul he was Angelus. "No. The pain is gone."