chapter 13 - Surprise

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Zoey's Dream

Night - Francis House - Zoey's Room

Zoey was sleeping fitfully without her necklace on, leading to believe that she was having a psychic gypsy dream. She put a hand to her head, reaching over to her lamp, turning it on, letting out a sigh, taking her glass from the nightstand for a drink, finding it nearly empty, getting up to fill it.

Hallway

Zoey walked out of her room into the hall, holding her glass. Behind her, Spike was stalking her. Zoey seemed to sense that he was there, turning to look, barely seeing Spike before he disappeared, frowning in confusion, opening the door to the bathroom, walking in.

The Bronze

(Song:) Anything - Shawn Clement and Sean Murray

Zoey walked in, looking around in confusion, finding Willow sitting at a table with a large cup of cappuccino and an organ grinder's monkey.

Willow was speaking French to the monkey. "L'hippo a pigue' ses pantalons. [The hippo stole his pants.]"

The monkey spoke. Zoey walked up to the table, looking at them curiously. Willow smiled, waving. Zoey raised her hand back, remaining confused about the monkey, remembering when Oz had told her that all monkeys spoke French, but not knowing why it was showing up in a psychic dream. She continued on, finding Layla and Jenny, holding large cups and saucers. Layla and Jenny saw Zoey coming, turning to face her.

"Do you really think you're ready, Zoey?" Layla asked.

"What?" Zoey asked.

Layla seemed to be hit with a vision, which made her drop her saucer. Zoey and Jenny watched it fall in shock as it shattered on the floor. Jenny turned around, walking away slowly. Zoey watched them for a moment, looking around the room, walking past where Oz was sitting at a table. They smiled, waving to each other. Zoey walked through the crowd toward the stage. There was no band that night but music was still playing. Zoey saw the couples that were dancing on the dance floor. Buffy/Eric, Brooke/Wyatt, Brady/Alice, Carmen/Angel, Xander/Cordelia, Giles/Layla. Angel appeared to vamp out and bite Carmen on the neck, feeding. Bianca appeared between Brady and Alice, grabbing Alice from behind, feeding on her until she died in her arms, looking up, vamped out, smiling, laughing psychotically. Zoey was confused and horrified. Seeing Bianca, Spike and Drusilla in the crowd, after seeing Angel/Bianca vamp out and feed on Carmen/Alice, Zoey was getting worried and anxious and concerned, trying to wake up from what she knew was a nightmare, turning around, seeing Jenny approach her from behind.

(Song Ends)

Drusilla suddenly appeared behind Jenny, vamped out, grabbing her by the head.

Zoey couldn't stop her, horrified, in denial. "Aunt Jenny!"

Drusilla snapped Jenny's neck, letting her fall to the floor, lowering her arms, taking a few steps over to her descendant. "Happy Birthday, Zoey."