chapter 6 - Halloween

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Day One

Night - Pop's Pumpkin Patch

The camera panned down from the sign over the stand past another one counting off the days until Halloween to a pumpkin on the ground aglow with a candle. Buffy landed flat on her back on top of the pumpkin, smashing it, looking up at a couple vampires.

Brooke used her Guardian energy to grab the vampire, throwing him to the ground. Brady grabbed a squash and pumpkin to throw at the vampire, hitting him in the forehead, making him back away. Buffy flipped up to her feet, pulling a stake out of her jacket, launching at the vampire. The vampire grabbed the scarecrow, pulling it over in front of him so the stake impaled it instead, shoving the scarecrow aside, coming at her with a roundhouse kick.

As the Summers siblings continued to fight the vampire, the camera focused on them through a camcorder. The record light was on. Another vampire was taping the fight, getting closer for a better view. The battery low indicator started flashing. A moment later, the view became snowy, and the vampire took the camcorder away from his eye, jostling it, so it started working again. The second vampire raised the camcorder back to his eye to continue recording.

The fight went on. Buffy and Brady got a quite a few good hits and kicks in against the first vampire. The vampire knocked Brady into the hay wagon. Brady held onto the side of the wagon, kicking the vampire to the ground, turning around with his back to the wagon, grabbing the railing as the vampire got back up, raising his legs and grabbed the vampire's head in a scissor hold, twisting his body to flip him over sideways onto the ground.

Brooke used her Guardian red energy to twist the vampire through the air, making him fall to the ground in front of her. The vampire made a grab for her legs. Brooke used the red energy to levitate herself above him, somersaulting through the air. Buffy pulled the countdown sign out of the ground, swinging it at the vampire's legs as he came for her, knocking him down. Brady jammed his stake into the vampire's heart, making him burst into ashes.

Buffy, Brooke and Brady looked at each other, smiling in congratulations to each other, not bothering with saying anything because they knew what they would say, congratulations, you're getting better, etc. They walked away, leaving the pumpkin patch.

The second vampire lowered the camcorder, slowly backing away as he watched the Summers siblings go.

 Slayers and Guardians ∞

The Bronze

(Song:) Shy - Epperley

A waitress picked up a tray of cappuccino and cupcakes. The camera followed her as she headed to her table and turned to her right, but the camera continued through the crowd over to Angel sitting alone at a table, looking very bored. A huge spider web and other Halloween decorations adorned the staircase behind him.

Carmen arrived, walking up to Angel. "I know. Is the Bronze so not happening or what?"

Angel smiled slightly in relief. "Oh. Hi."

"Hi," Carmen told him. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

"It's okay," Angel told her. "I know you were helping Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Zoey, Alice and Wyatt with patrolling."