chapter 15 - Phases

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Day One

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Hallway

In 1.03 The Witch, Catherine had tried to put Zoey in the statue but Brooke and Alice had fired the spell back at Catherine, trapping her in the statue.

At school, in the hall by the trophy case, Oz was hunched over inspecting Catherine Madison's cheerleading trophy. He stared at its eyes as he moved his head from one side to the other.

Zoey walked toward him. "Hi."

Oz stood. "Oh, that's what I was gonna say. Hey, you okay? With your great uncle and all?"

"Dealing," Zoey answered. "What are you looking at?"

Oz pointed at the trophy. "This cheerleading trophy." He moved and watched. "It's like its eyes follow you wherever you go. I like it." Zoey raised her eyebrows, nodding, looking at the statue. Catherine glared at Zoey. "I don't think it likes you very much."

Zoey was in shock and realization. "Oh, my God, Catherine."

"Yeah," Oz agreed, not getting it, walking down the hall.

Zoey followed. "So did you like the movie last night?"

"I don't know," Oz told her. "T-today's movies are kind of like popcorn. You know, you forget about them as soon as they're done. I do remember I liked the popcorn, though."

Oz stopped walking.

Zoey smiled. "Yeah, it was good." Larry and his groupies walked into the hall. Zoey looked past Oz and saw the girls down the hall, pointing at them. "Oh, there, I have my friends, so I will go to them."

"I'll see you then," Oz told her. "Uh, later."

Zoey smiled, starting to walk away, not wanting to be near Larry.

Larry looked after the girls, biting his fist and walking over to Oz. "Man! Oz, I would love to get me some of that Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Buffy, Willow and Zoey action, if you know what I mean."

Larry laughed.

Zoey turned back to him. "That's great, Larry, not like I can't hear you, and you've really mastered the single entendre."

Larry looked at Zoey with a little shock at the insult.

Oz laughed, pointing at Zoey. "Like I said, intimidating."

Zoey smiled, rolling her eyes, turning around, following the girls outside. Larry noticed a pretty girl coming down the hall, staring at her. As she went by, Larry tapped the books, making them fall out of her hands.

The girl glared at him. "Hey!"

Larry laughed. "Oops." The girl leaned down to pick up her books. Larry and the other jocks stared at her legs. "Ooh. Oh, thank you, Thighmaster." The girl glared at them, leaving. "So, Oz, man, what's up with that, dating a junior? Uh, let me guess, Zoey being a badass rebel around school drew you in."

Oz gave him a sarcastic look. "Yeah. Yeah, she's actually an evil mastermind. It's fun."

"I mean, she's gotta be putting out, or what's the point?" Larry asked. "What are you gonna do, talk?" He laughed. "Come on, fess up. How far have you gotten?"